BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

I need all of it, and the unreleased flyers. Nothing here I don't like.

Veteran-Sergeant

i love to stalker its alot bigger than i thought it was gonna be defo buying one or two or three lol

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Meh, now that the enthusiasm of having Necrons thate are actually interesting (and not in a 'I'll project what I want them to be onto the empty void that is their background' way) I find I still actually don't like the look of them.

Not a criticism, just sure Necrons aren't for me. Having said that I'm not sure how anyone could argue the Triarch Stalker doesn't fit the army aesthetic. It does.
    It is because you are eldar -giggles- they are your mortal enemies, lol jk hon.

I really like the new necron stuff and cannot wait to get my army started, it will be glorious. I am still looking forward to those necron fliers, those I am the most excited about, I cannot wait.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Chapter-Master

For those too lazy to flick over to BoW; the IC's

Am I the only one who thinks the Zahndrekh model looks really really boring compared to the rest of the line? I know they're all robots....but he doesn't really have anything that distinct compared to other models in the range

Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    For those too lazy to flick over to BoW; the IC's

Am I the only one who thinks the Zahndrekh model looks really really boring compared to the rest of the line? I know they're all robots....but he doesn't really have anything that distinct compared to other models in the range
    I can see what you mean, he does look pretty similar to the existing non-IC HQ choices. Although he does look like he's about to break into song... perhaps he could be the Necron Lord of the Dance? You could paint him with a technicolour dream-cloak...

Brother-Sergeant

Ooooooooh! Color me excited to see these models released! Boo to my local GW store that told me no new Necrons were coming for at least 6 more months!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
    Just curious rapture, what would you do to make the stalker better and more menacing. Also how would you go about making the emotionless Android pilot not look bored.
    Menacing? It needs movement. The model as a whole would make a boring statue, nevermind war machine. The spyder looks like it is about shred something, the wraith looks like a can of violence, and this thing looks like it is waiting in line.

The pilot is just awful. He looks like he is sitting down to take the SAT or perhaps wistfully taking a dump. A change is position, angle, or the way he interacts with the controls (or a change in anything, really) might make him look like he is actually participating in a life and death battle. I know he is a robot, but it is just too much. They could have at least positioned him lower. He looks like Karamazov, but less involved. He is just sitting there with his hand on his knee. I have the same pose when I randomly flick through the internet on my laptop.

Unlike other machines of death in the necron range, the tomb stalker is a great (FW) example, this things just looks silly and stagnant. It makes me think of an ant sitting on top hermit crab with no claws.
    Last edited by Rapture; 04-24-2012 at 05:57 AM.

Is illuminor szeras on a terminator sized base? Have been wondering that for awhile..

Szeras is either on a 40mm (Terminator) base or is absolutely tiny. Actually... I kinda hope it's the latter, I would love to see a Necron that was half the height of a Marine but perfectly to scale. I think he would talk in the hilarious cartoony "helium voice."

MINICRON: beware, mortals, for this planet now belongs to the armies of the necrontyr!

IMPERIAL GUARDSMEN: [laughing]

MINICRON: you smirk at the herald of your doom? behold, our technology which has endured since the beginning of time!

[A tiny green ray springs out from his staff, vaporizing an entire bastion in a single, adorable blast.]

GUARDSMAN: Awwww, look at it! Is he pwanning universal domination? Is he? Yes he is! Yes he IS! D'awwwww.

MINICRON: [seething in fury]
    http://www.3plusplus.net/ : better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

Szeras is damn cool. Will be buying one of them to convert to AdMech!
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast