So, I've been working on a Skaven Army with a Vampire Counts pact for Storm of Magic, the hook being that all the vampire counts models are dead Skaven (my reasoning being that if a vampire got hungry enough to bite a rat, it'd probably bite back). I've mostly got the Skaven side done, although I have a couple of models ready for the VC (I desperately want a second wave of Skaven with redone plague monks for zombies or skeletons - I can dream!).

Anyway, without further ado, here are the models with as brief a description as I can (well, you could always not read it. Assuming you read any of this in the first place...). This is just the pick of the pictures, but if you want more you can visit my Flickr account at: [url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/65557562@N05/?saved=1[/url]

The Wraith is the first model I made for the army, upon which I tested the predominant army colours of red, purple and various rusted metals. I also tried out for the first time the verdigris effect which seems pretty popular at the moment, and I was pretty happy with it. It's inspired by the Death of Rats from Terry Pratchett's Discworld series.

The conversion is pretty simple, it's the plastic Wraith kit with the skull and spine taken from the Warlord Queek model, something I would have never even attempted in metal, so I am glad for Finecast, even though I had to resculpt the entire right side of his face due to a massive air bubble!