BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Undead Skaven

Thank you, I really appreciate all the nice comments I'll try get some more stuff up, currently working on Rat Ogres and Rat Swarms. The Rat Ogres aren't overly themed towards the vampire counts, but the rat swarms definitely have a corpse'like theme... wait and see!
    "Paws off ma cheeze!"

Hey everyone, so I have finally gotten some more models to a standard that I'm happy to share them with you. I don't want to go on too much about them, but if you have any questions about any conversions or painting, or any suggestions on how I can improve, please do comment. So, without much further ado, here they are.

"Paws off ma cheeze!"

This is my Master-bred Rat Ogre. I will just say, you may notice that he is actually the smallest rat ogre in the unit. Well, as with much technology (DS, iPod, etc), it may be smaller, but it's twice as powerful. It's a Rat Ogre Nano.

"Paws off ma cheeze!"

"Paws off ma cheeze!"

"Paws off ma cheeze!"

"Paws off ma cheeze!"

"Paws off ma cheeze!"

Here are the handlers for the unit. I mainly wrote this so you would know I am actually still here, uploading all this by hand. Yeah.

"Paws off ma cheeze!"

And to finish off, my rat swarms. Cause I got over excited and showed all the cool stuff first. But I'm pretty damn chuffed with them all the same.

And, because I love you this much, an aerial shot (I bloody hate taking aerial shots):

That's it for now, any comments, thoughts or advice are welcome
    "Paws off ma cheeze!"

Default Daemonette Herald WIP

Wow, I haven't done anything for four months? I knew it had been a while but I had no idea it'd been that long.

Well, I'm afraid my Skaven have succumbed to my short attention span somewhat, actually I haven't had the hobby buzz to do anything for a while, I'm just finding it hard to get motivated. I have a couple of Doom Wheels, the clanrats and most of my characters waiting to be finished and pretty much the whole undead section not even bought yet, but at the end of the day I'd rather not try anything when my heart isn't in it as it just won't be to the standard I want.

However, this is what I have been working on lately - I picked up my Daemonette army again and have been tinkering with them, getting another batch ready to spray. When I start an army I pretty much always take a character model to test the paint scheme on, as I usually have a pretty good idea of the colours so I don't mind spending a bit longer on them to get it perfect so I can nail down the steps for the rank and file.

But I'm stuck again. I don't really know where to take the model, and I don't feel she's ready yet. I want to do something for the transition from red to white, but I don't know how to achieve it. Also I reckon black is the best choice for the eyes, but with a bit of a wet shine to them. So if you have any suggestions, please don't hesitate to comment.

Without further ado, here's the herald:

"Paws off ma cheeze!"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast