BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by MC Tic Tac View Post
    This heavily effected one of my clubs who play at WHW:
    [url]http://www.1stcompanyveterans.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=380[/url]
    My god... I just read that thread, and I was laughing until I realized they were being serious. You can't use third party bits in a CONVERSION!?

You can't use a different model from the GW range if there's a mini available (The ex he gave was painting normal Boyz and using them as Commandoz or something, which they specifically ban)?

My god. I'd never play there. You can't even use third party minis when GW doesn't make one, and you HAVE to use GW stuff ("Regardless of your personal feelings of aesthetics")...

I'm so glad I live near a store that allows just about anything, as long as it's painted.
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by L192837465 View Post
    My god... I just read that thread, and I was laughing until I realized they were being serious. You can't use third party bits in a CONVERSION!?

You can't use a different model from the GW range if there's a mini available (The ex he gave was painting normal Boyz and using them as Commandoz or something, which they specifically ban)?

My god. I'd never play there. You can't even use third party minis when GW doesn't make one, and you HAVE to use GW stuff ("Regardless of your personal feelings of aesthetics")...

I'm so glad I live near a store that allows just about anything, as long as it's painted.
    Well there is a compromise on page 6 of that thread.

Thing is this came all after the start of proceedings vs Chapterhouse. If they (CH) had done the smart thing and use generic Sci Fi terms like all the other 3rd party bits makers then we would all be ok. But no they had to use IP/Copyrighted names and words and ruined the hobby more than people think.
    http://blood-claw.blogspot.com

a good thing to see that stuff didnt change much . Way back when 3ed just starteed and the orc codex just became legal , me and my friend visited UK . he got DQed because his 2ed orcs were armed with bolters and not shootas. Good times .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12