BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Iron Father

Default Vanilla Marines in 6th

So with all these rumours of 6th edition, Dark Angels, Chaos, Tau, Black Templar and Eldar just where does the Ultra marines and the rest of the codex following marines fit into all this ? I hear that Dark Angels could be the new GW poster boys but I don't buy that.
    Traditionally new 40k editions are shortly followed by the boys in blue and friends but at the moment there's not even a sniff of vanilla anywhere.
    I didn't use the news and rumours section as this is neither, but more a probing of your thoughts.

Over to you
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

GW is packaging push fit Dark Angels with their new Paint set. Considering every other time GW has done this, they simply took pieces of the starter set's sprue and stuffed it into the box... I think it is a safe bet that Dark Angels will be the new poster boys of 40k.

Librarian

Well Black Templars also use to be the starter set marines back in third and even got the front BRB(Big Rule Book) cover as well. If GW really wants to push a more grim dark atmosphere, then Dark Angels would fit the bill for "Darkest" marine army. Not to mention they are on the list of codexes (codici?) that need some love'n.

Battle-Brother

My guess is Dark Angels vs Chaos (fallen?) for 6 ed, as it would help kick off two armies which have not been updated for a long, long time. Both have players that would love to buy new armies for them too, with an update. It doesn't make since for GW to put out more Ultramarines n the starter pack, as a lot of people already have them/sell them on ebay. Better to promote a model range that people would need to buy from GW.

Occuli Imperator

Looks like we'll be having some blue/red/grey dark angels running around!
    Oh I'm such a cynic.
    I would like to see a new CA, but I am also highly skeptical of a C:SM not being released with the first wave of 6th.
    That being said, the use DA in the new starter paint set, and the looking towards more grim dark does seem to be a smoking gun.

The future's dark, the future's Dark Angels.

Battle-Brother

I feel that C:Sm has aged really well, all things considering; it would be brutal for them to start updating 5 ed codices with anachronisms like Witch Hunters, Chaos and Eldar running around, but I could see it. Maybe the Dark Angels codex update would satisfy their "first wave space marine" codex.

Chaplain

Let DA have their fun, C:SM is perfectly fine and filled with weird, fun units my ultramarines will survive not being the first codex out in 6th

Brother-Captain

Yeah, my vanilla marines can afford the wait, too.

I'd be quite happy if other armies got the attention they deserve for now - CSM, Tau and Sisters being chief among them. And I guess the BT book really shows its age, too.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kawauso View Post
    And I guess the BT book really shows its age, too.
    It better, it's currently the oldest codex!

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    It better, it's currently the oldest codex!
    And yet still does pretty damn good in the right hands. Even wins GTs still.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast