BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chapter-Master

Default How Many Points?

Just curious - what size games of WHFB do you usually play in your area. 1k? 2k? 2.5k? 3k? Up, up, up?

Veteran-Sergeant

I range from 1,500 to 3k, however, my typical is 2,250 because the former Grand Tourney size seems to have stuck around in my area.
    "Technically correct is the best kind of correct."
    WHFB: Dwarf - TK - Empire - Goblin 40k: SW - IG - Ork

Battle-Brother

anything from 500 to 3000.mostly 2500.

Scout

I usually play 2k, but sometimes play 1k if I'm in the mood for a quick game.

We play 1.5k to 2.5k around here. The most typical point level is 2000 unless we are preparing for the nationals at Adepticon where the point level is 2200 (odd size to me).
    Armies - Skaven, Tomb Kings, Eldar, Iron Snakes, Dark Eldar, Retribution, & Legion
    Blog - http://chronowraith.blogspot.com

Librarian

Most games in my area (leicester) seem to be at the 1500-2500 mark. my personal favourite size is 2250- not quite big enough to take everything you want, but big enough things for a nice varied game.

ALShrive
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment

Chaplain

1k to 2k is pretty normal

Most are 1-2k, with a few 500-750pt mini-games and quite a few 3k+.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

We mostly play 2.5k points, my group feels like this is a ncie enough level to get all the cool stuff you want in your army (though with Empire now having so much cool stuff I'm struggling) but we can still get through a game in afternoon. We did a day of 1000 pt games a few weeks back, but with 2 Skaven players the group came to the mutual decision that such an event would not be happening again (or at least not involving the Skaven players again!)
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD