BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 1000 pt Necron tourney list

I'm new to tourneys and I have a good 1850 list that i do well with, but 1000 pts is throwing me for a loop. The meta where I am is guard, SM, tau, and orks. Only one grey knight player. My list is as follows:

Overlord
    Phaeron
    Semp weave

Overlord
    Phaeron
    Semp weave

5 warrior
    Eldritch lance - solar pulse
    Eldritch lance

5 warrior
    Eldritch lance - solar pulse
    Eldritch lance

6 warrior
    Eldritch lance
    Eldritch lance

6 immortals
    Eldritch lance
    Eldritch lance

8 scarabs
    Last edited by planet psyrum; 05-11-2012 at 10:52 PM.

To me I think this list is terrible. But I just do not know how to write a good 1000 pt list. I think it is a hide, pop transports with eldritch lances, ccb, scarabs, and destroyer lord, hide, run, hide, contest late with veils amd anything that is left that is fast. But the list doesnt shoot well, doesn't cc well, and doesn't survive well. What do you guys think?

So ignore this. This list is illegal. I will have an updated one soon.

Spamming AV13 is the best way to go at 1k pts. Something like:

Overlord 180
    -Warscythe and Command barge

2 Destruction Crypteks 95
    -1 Solar Pulse

2 x 5 Warriors 360
    -Ghost Ark

8 x Scarabs 90

3 x Annihilation Barges 270

Although in my opinion spamming Av13 mis the best way to play 'crons at any points level, lol. Obviously the Crypteks go with the Warriors. You could drop 2 Annihilation Barges and the Scarabs for a second Command Barge and 2 more Crypteks (2xdestruction pulse), putting you right at 1k. 2 Crypteks per warrior squad is great, but IMO not as good as the Annihilation Barges.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, I only have two annihilation/command barges. So the duo command barges would be nice. What do you think about this.

Imothek
    Chromonetrontek
    Chromonetrontek
    5 warriors.

Overlord
    Semp weave
    Pulsetek
    Veiltek
    5 warriors

6 warriors
    Pulsetek
    Veiltek

8 scarabs

The points are not worked out yet, but you get the point. The whole game will be night fight. I hide and let lightning blow up some transports, and win kill points that way. C&C I will just contest with veil on turn 5. Multiple objectives would be a problem.

Alright checkmix, I'm going with a little taste of what you suggested. The tourney is 1000 pt, no special characters, and 3 ranked objectives. So here is my list so far.

Overlord w/ command barge
    Semp weave
    Mindshackle
    Warscythe

Overlord w/ command barge
    Semp weave
    Mind shackle
    Warscythe

8 warriors
    Pulsetek
    Eldritch lancetek

8 warriors
    Pulsetek
    Eldritch lance tek

5 deathmarks
    Veiltek
    Abyssaltek

Total 993

I like the two barges and 4 str 8 AP 2 shots from my warriors. They should be able to POP transports. The deathmarks are just there to hunt deathstars or really good cc units. Two 2+ ap1 templates that can deepstrike next to you is sweet. Kill points, I only have 7 of them. 4 in the bargea that should last a long time jumping around everywhere. Amd the two troop choices are nice at protecting their kill points because the crypteks have everliving. In objective gamea i will be Screwd. I only have two scoring units. Any help guys? What shoyld i do to fill up 7 points.

So, I am wondering if I take away the mindshackles and semp weaves from the two overlords I will have 60 points left over plus the 7 already left. If I take out the Abyssaltek that is 30 more points. What can I add for 97 points that will make this list more effective than how it stands now?

You should just edit your posts rather than double/triple-posting. Forum rules, and all that

Do you have any ghost arks?

Quote Originally Posted by Chexmix282 View Post
    You should just edit your posts rather than double/triple-posting. Forum rules, and all that

Do you have any ghost arks?
    Sorry didn't know the rules. How do i delete a post? Second I have 1 ghost ark.

I wouldnt worry about deleting them, I was just letting you know.

If you can't take a bunch of AV13 then I would just take a foot army. Lots of warriors, scarabs, and a single lord (Phaeron + Warscythe). Annihilation Barges would be a good investment to complement, as opposed to the Command Barges. Maybe even use the ark as a Doomsday Arm if you're feeling frisky.

I would try to avoid spending too many points on characters and Crypteks. I only run dual Command Barges when everything else on the table has an armor value, otherwise I take a single Phaeron, as mentioned above.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast