BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Alright, the tournament is tomorrow. Here is the final list I have decided to take:

HQ
    Eldrad 210
    Yriel 155
    8 Warlocks 366
    -Enhance, 2 Embolden, 2 Singing Spears, Wave Serpent w/ TL Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon and Spirit Stones

Elites
    5 Fire Dragons 215
    -Wave Serpent w/ TL Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon, and Spirit Stones

5 Fire Dragons 215
    -Wave Serpent w/ TL Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon, and Spirit Stones

Troops
    10 Storm Guardians 247
    -2 Fusion Guns, Wave Serpent w/ TL Bright Lance, Shuriken Cannon and Spirit Stones

10 Storm Guardians 247
    -2 Fusion Guns, Wave Serpent w/ TL Bright Lance, Shuriken Cannon and Spirit Stones

Heavy Support
    Fire Prism 115

Fire Prism 115

Fire Prism 115

I did not want to paint any more mech so I decided to run a Seer Council :P they actually took more time to paint than the additional Wave Serpent and Vypers would have, but they were much more fun. And it's a more powerful list imo.

Here's some pics, for completeness:

My Nokia Lumia has this great camera on it that I can only focus half of the time, sorry guys XD

Wish me luck, I'm looking forward to wrecking face tomorrow!

Had a good time, but unfortunately didn't win anything. I went 3-1 however, which isnt an awful record for the day.

First round was a bye. Still counted as a victory, so I can't complain.

Second round was against Blood Angels. A fairly easy victory with minimal losses.

Third round was against IG, and a damn good player than I can never seem to beat. The mission was to completely destroy all units in one or more of the enemy's FOC, with each FOC destroyed awarding battle points. As I had no Fast Attack choices the TO ruled that he would automatically get awarded those points. Deployment was from the short table edges, 24" from each. I deployed the Council and Dragons on the 24" line, but of course he deploys much farther back, effectively leaving 36" between us. So the mission AND deployment were in his favor... and he earns victory on turn 6.

Fourth and final round was against a Necron player. I haven't played against the new cron codex much, but he had Imotekh which granted him night fight for the entire game, protecting his 3 monoliths. I still achieved victory, as once my Seer Council got into combat he had nothing to stop it. They chewed through 3 units of Warriors, 2 special characters, a C'Tan, a unit of scarabs, and a monolith. Quite a game.

Overall I would say that it was a pretty good event, although due to me losing the third game instead of the first I could not win any of the secondary or tertiary brackets. I dislike the bracket system that was used. At least they gave us dice to take home, lol

Here's some pics:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12