BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: dark eldar

Talking dark eldar

hiya all. first post on bols. recently uploaded a bunch of pics for another forum, thought i'd share the love. feedback/comments welcome and encoraged.

some eldar i painted in my youth. (2nd ed)

you can see the colours better in the flash shots. it was overcast and late afternoon when i took most of these. i went with it because i liked the bleak lighting/bland background and im still learning the camera, flash shots up close are tricky, minnies usually come up looking like glowing ghosts.

got some great poses off the back to basix bases...

i feel urien needs something more... i dunno what.

crusin...

after seeing these fliks again and again over the past week since ive taken them i see little touch ups needed here and there. theres detailing and washes and such still to be added but appart from that mostly finished. and the bright orange markings im going to add. im waiting till i get a good number of models nearing that stage so i can think about what sort of patterns im going to decorate with, for consistancy and sake of batch painting style(which is what this is). and as always sanity's sake.

was gonna add fire and ice patterns to archons cloak. and a tat to lilith's backside. and maybe red to sargent archons head.

whaduyas think?

Chapter-Master

All look really good. Just need better photos.

The quins and the DE IC's in particular are fantastic
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

cheers bruv! using my dads old 5mp camera, a hybrid type thing that looks more like a traditional camera. the flash is broken, you have to hold it open. using it is an artform in itself, or a fluke. still does great shots tho... sometimes. i may spend a day, in the middle of the day, reshooting. im rarely awake at that time tho!

Brother-Sergeant

Overall some great looking minis.

1 possible critique: the flesh on some of your characters looks a little human. I like the more cold dead looking flesh on your warriors/wyches. You might give them another drybrush with a cooler highlight color.

Again, good looking minis!

damned if if didnt just completely forget half of them.

the chars were done virtually the day they were released in the shop, not much thought went into them. i understand what you mean, i thought the same... i think it works for urien, but i dont really wanna touch lillith. maybe a bit of a white wash. the current flesh scheme on the troopers came along later.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast