- Flamer

Long Fangs x6 : 145
    - 5x Missile Launchers
    - Flamer

Long Fangs x6 : 145
    - 5x Missile Launchers
    - Flamer

Total

Rune Priest attaches to Long Fangs and set up in cover with good lanes of fire. The Razorbacks will camp on home objectives and add more fire support. The Riflemen slowly advance up a flank and pour out shots. The Land Speeders zoom up the other side and suicide rush heavy tanks or groups of infantry. The Grey Hunters roll up the middle with smoke popped on their way to objectives and generally get in the enemy's face and beat stuff up. Tactics subject to change of course depending on situation but that's the general idea. I have quite a huge amount of high strength long ranged shooting, a large amount of templates, a handful of melta, and lots of small arms as well. The infantry squads should also be able to hold their own against many different types of units in assault as well. Thats 50 MEQs and 12 vehicles coming from left, right, front, and back. It even has some psychic defense. I am concerned by the 19 kill points but overall I think it seems pretty strong and flexible, what do you think?
    Last edited by slobulous; 04-26-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Brother-Sergeant

Its not a bad list, but I will offer a couple of observations:
    First, your only bringing 3 troops choices in 2k. That will put you at a pretty distinct disadvantage.
    Second, the MM,HF speeders are going to be some extra easy kill points.

Now, a couple of recomendations:
    Drop the Razors from the long fangs, and drop the powerweapon/wulfen from the GH.
    Use the points saved to get two 5 man GH riding in Razorback
    Squadron the Landspeeders, 2x 2 with MM and Heavy bolter or double HB

This will give you 8 static firebase units (3 long fang missile hells, 2 lasplas razors, and 3 rifledreads) capable of engaging 11 light armor units per turn. You will also have 2 units of speeders able to engage inantry units (if you go double HB) or to suicide punch heavy armor (with MMs).

The real value increase you are going to see is having three mobile from turn 1 rhinos full of hunters, and 2 home defence troops. This will allow you to play for the win, rather than just throwing dice and hoping to god you kill them all.

Quote Originally Posted by bethor View Post
    Its not a bad list, but I will offer a couple of observations:
    First, your only bringing 3 troops choices in 2k. That will put you at a pretty distinct disadvantage.
    Second, the MM,HF speeders are going to be some extra easy kill points.

Now, a couple of recomendations:
    Drop the Razors from the long fangs, and drop the powerweapon/wulfen from the GH.
    Use the points saved to get two 5 man GH riding in Razorback
    Squadron the Landspeeders, 2x 2 with MM and Heavy bolter or double HB

This will give you 8 static firebase units (3 long fang missile hells, 2 lasplas razors, and 3 rifledreads) capable of engaging 11 light armor units per turn. You will also have 2 units of speeders able to engage inantry units (if you go double HB) or to suicide punch heavy armor (with MMs).

The real value increase you are going to see is having three mobile from turn 1 rhinos full of hunters, and 2 home defence troops. This will allow you to play for the win, rather than just throwing dice and hoping to god you kill them all.
    Hmmm yes... I see the value in your advice and have heeded it. Although it was impossible to free up enough points for a fourth speeder for 2 groups of 2, I did combine the 3 into one squadron to ease up on killpoints. I did have 15 points left over though, so I thought the best place to spend it was on flamers for all of the Long Fang sergeants. What do you think now?

3 Troops is great for 2k, I wouldnt worry about that.

It's a great list. I would run the speeders as 3 units of one though, rather than one unit of three. Sure, you give up kill points, but you get to shoot at three times the units and one unit cant kill them all in a turn. If you really want the 4th speeder for 2x2 I would drop one missile from each Long Fang squad, freeing up 75 pts.

Brother-Sergeant

Your going to be better of 3x1 than 1x3 on the speeder. Dropping to 4 missile fro the 4th speeder is going to be better.

I would worry about only having three troops. I good shooting army can kill 2-3 transports per turn. That means all your guys are walking by turn 3. Having 5 or 6 targets keeps more guys alive and moving.
    In most games you need troops to win. In most of the tournaments now you have to worry not only with objectives, but possibly table quarters and terrain features.