BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Shooty Space marine list for Tournament

I have worked out the core of this list, but need help on the last 460pts worth. I am aiming it to be more focused on shooting to get the job done, in this core, but not sure what to do with the remaining points. Any help appreciated

HQ

Librarian- Nullzone, avenger (perhaps gat of infinity as a replacement to one of these?) 100pts

TROOPS

Tactical Squad- Combi-plasma, plasmagun, and multimelta 190pts
    -Rhino 35pts

Tactical Squad- Combi-plasma, plasmagun, and multimelta 190pts
    -Rhino 35pts

Tactical Squad-Combi-melta, meltagun, missile launcher 185pts
    -Rhino 35pts

FAST ATTACK

Attack bike squadron(2)- 2x multimelta 100pts

Landspeeder- Heavy bolter, typhoon missile launcher 90pts

Landspeeder- Heavy bolter, typhoon missile launcher 90pts

HEAVY SUPPORT

Thunderfire cannon 100pts

Predator- Autocannon, lascannon sponsons 120pts

Predator- Autocannon, lascannon sponsons 120pts

Points remaining: 460

I was considering either:
    *10 man tactical terminators, with 2x cyclone missile launchers, these add even more long range fire, while also having the possibility of counter assaulting if the need arises; or
    *5 thunderhammer/stormshield terminators+ Landraider redeemer with extra armour- good counter assualt/deathstar to take out monsterous creatures and heavy seavy squads, or
    *Sternguard squad and rifleman (2x TL autocannons) dreadnaught/ 1 extra typhoon per squad. More firepower, along with flexibility of ammunition types
    *Replacing the predators with 2 vindicators, and adding in two riflemen dreadnaughts to keep a good deal of fire power in, and the nullzone can increase the effectiveness of the vindicators. Also good armour saturation,a nd cover for advancing rhinos.

Which would be the best out of these, or are there another, better option that would fit my list better? I am currently leaning towards wither the terminators, or vindicator/riflemen option.

Is there any other ways to increase the competitiveness of this list, or other options to fill the points in that may be more useful?

Thanks in advance
    Brother Dvorn

Veteran-Sergeant

i like your army list boss (i play DA so i tend to be realy shooty myself) but as i have found it is VERRY hard to win with an all shooting army since eventuly someone is going to get in and assault you trust me if the person you are playing is any good at all it will happen i have found that in order to deal with this a dedacated assault unit is well to steal a line from mastercard priceless! in your position i would take a 10 man assault terminator sqd equip them with TH/SS (i know not very orignal but it works!) the othre thing i would do is try to make up some points somwhere (but not from the troops) that way you can attach a chaplen in termanatior armor to them place them behind some good cover and hold them back to counter charge the unit that eventuly gets to you whith the list you have allready mostl ikley what ever gets to you they should just grind into the dust.
    "There's too many men, too many people, Making too many problems,
    And not much love to go round, Can't you see this is a land of confusion?"

Veteran-Sergeant

oh i have one other thing you might try, that is not cookie cuttering your preds (i am gulty of it myslef i am just making a sugestion) keep the autocannons but go with hvy bolters on one insted of lascannons that way you can set one up to hunt infantry and one to deal with vics gives you a few more shots aganst hord stile armys (i.e. orks, nids, ect.) and can make for a bit more ballince in your army but like i sead earler great list!

One small problem wit hthat, I glued the lascannons on, and used the heavy bolters for conversions, ll

Occuli Imperator

I like this option
    *10 man tactical terminators, with 2x cyclone missile launchers, these add even more long range fire, while also having the possibility of counter assaulting if the need arises;
    I've had a lot of sucess with a deep striking termies with cyclone missle launchers 4 S8 shots in the rear of tank lines, plus then with the ability to tear them apart with Pfists which forces fixed tanks to move away

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Dvorn View Post
    One small problem wit hthat, I glued the lascannons on, and used the heavy bolters for conversions, ll
    lol yea got to use what you have in the future you may try using magnets for your vic weapon options i have had very good luck with it and it kinda reduced the number of models you have to have as you can just change the way a tank or whatever is kited out in a few seconds (i have a set of termys that i bult out of extra bits that i can kit with any assult termy or tac termy options cus i magneted all there arms so if you have a bit of patintce you can do it with more than just vics )