BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Default 2000 point Blood Angel list for fun mainly

Ok so I was playing around with Army Builder and put together a list I think it would be fun to play and build towards. I mainly play against Tau and occassionaly I meet up with a buddy who can throw Orks, Chaos, Eldar, Salamander, and Ultramarines at me. Would this list be somewhat competative against them all? I am mainly in it for fun but that being said I don't want to waste my friends time by someone they table in 2 to 3 rounds because my list wasn't competative. Now if they table me because I stink as a player no list will fix that I know.

2000 Pts - Blood Angels Roster

Total Roster Cost: 1995

HQ: Commander Dante
    Troops: Assault Squad
    1 Assault Marine with Meltagun,
    1 Sergeant, Power Weapon x1

Troops: Assault Squad
    1 Sergeant, Power Weapon x1

Fast Attack: Land Speeder Squadron
    3 Land Speeder Squadron, Multi-melta x3
    Fast Attack: Attack Bike Squad
    3 Attack Bike Squad, Multi-melta x3

Fast Attack: Baal Predator
    1 Baal Predator, Heavy Bolter
    Elite: Furioso Dreadnought
    1 Furioso Dreadnought, + Extra Armor + Magna-grapple
    1 Drop Pod,
    Heavy Support: Devastator Squad
    4 Devastator Squad, Missile Launcher x4
    1 Sergeant,

Heavy Support: Devastator Squad
    4 Devastator Squad, Heavy Bolter x4
    1 Sergeant,

Troops: Sanguinary Guard
    1 Sanguinary Guard, Chapter Banner
    1 Sanguinary Guard, Infernus Pistol

Elite: Sanguinary Priest
    1 Sanguinary Priest, Power Armour Jump Pack Hand Flamer

My thought is to use Dante and the Sanguinary Guard as a deep strike unit to take out vehicles and such since they wouldn't scatter but everything else would come on normally.
    Last edited by UltraBlood; 04-21-2012 at 11:50 AM.

Occuli Imperator

My only concern for this list would be that you only have 2 troop choices so if you are playing a game where you need to hold objectives it might be hard for you

There are 3 troops, as Dante allows Sanguinary Guard to be taken as troops.

Also (this may be due to poor formatting) you cannot have 6 Sanguinary Guard in a single unit, they only come in units of 5.

The list is alright, but why Heavy Bolters over Missile Launchers on the dev squad? You could easily find the points by dropping a couple Infernus Pistols (5 really is overkill) and Missile Launchers are much, much better.

Occuli Imperator

I didn't see one of the Assault squads
    I would agree that missiles over heavy bolters...

Chapter-Master

yeah, much easier to read list like this:

290 Sanguinary Guard
    5 Guard, 5 Infernus Pistols, Power Fist, Chapter Banner

Occuli Imperator

How about like this?
    2000 Pts - Blood Angels Roster

Total Roster Cost: 1995

HQ: Commander Dante

Troops: Assault Squad (10), 2 meltagun, Sgt. w/ Power Weapon
    Troops: Assault Squad (10), 2 meltagun, Sgt. w/ Power Weapon
    Troops: Sanguinary Guard (6), 5x Infernus pistol, Chapter Banner

Fast Attack: Land Speeder Squadron, 3x Multi-melta
    Fast Attack: Attack Bike Squad, 3x Multi-melta
    Fast Attack: Baal Predator, Heavy Bolter sponsons

Elite: Furioso Dreadnought, Extra Armor, Magna-grapple, Drop Pod,
    Elite: Sanguinary Priest, Jump pack, hand flamer

Heavy Support: Devastator Squad, 4x Missile Launcher
    Heavy Support: Devastator Squad, 4x Heavy Bolter
    The other thing, I am wondering why the Priest has an hand flamer?
    Also, by mixing up the SGs weapon choices you can do sneaky wound allocation things

Battle-Brother

Yes it was a formatting mistake there are not really 6 Sanguinary Guard. I orginally had pasted it straight out of Army Builder but it had the individual point costs listed and I figured that might be against forum rules here to have the point costs after getting a warning about it on another forum I posted on as well.

I went with the heavy bolters to change it up a little bit really. My thinking was to get them in some cover and send 12 shots into what ever came close enough. I do agree having a total of 8 missile launchers is probably a lot more competative option but I guess this was a fluff move.

The hand flammer honestly was I just had the points left over and figured it would give the priest a little more anti troop. I guess I could take it away and look at maybe a power weapon for him or use the points for an upgrade elsewhere.

I had not thought about wound allocation for the SG squad by giving them a different load out. I guess I focused in on to much on trying to make them a tank hunting unit. Would you recommend dropping 2 or 3 and going with plasma pistols or leave a few with bolters?

I really do apperciate the advise given. I find myself getting to play maybe a game or so a month so I want to maximize the fun as much as possible for everyone.

Occuli Imperator

Most important thing, the hobby is yours, and it is how you play so don't let anyone tell you that you are doing it wrong (unless you are breaking the rules). A lot of people can get blinkered and will say "The only build for Army A is to spam unit X" and that is clearly not true.
    If you want to run a 30 man Death Company with Jump Packs and Power Weapons/Power Fists then do it.
    If you play against a friend regularly then you'll know what army you'll be facing and can start to tinker the list against them, and more generally as you play your army more you can figure out what works for you. In my gaming group no one has mechanised lists so if we were to post our lists on the board, people would come back and say you need more melta to deal with vehicles.

Veteran-Sergeant

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    yeah, much easier to read list like this:

290 Sanguinary Guard
    5 Guard, 5 Infernus Pistols, Power Fist, Chapter Banner
    maybe im missing somting but unless you plan on taking a tank on in cc then why the power fist? yea it hits hard but that inish 1 and the loss of the extra attack in cc seems to be a bit much to me to make for its point cost. woulndt it be better to go with a power wepon and then give the sgt a melta bomb in case you have to take on a tank or a dread you still have the punching power to pull it off? again it might just be me but i have never realy liked the power fist. but then again im not a BA player and am not as good with there rules as i should be so maybe i should just keep my mouth shut but i just had to ask.
    "There's too many men, too many people, Making too many problems,
    And not much love to go round, Can't you see this is a land of confusion?"

Occuli Imperator

One reason would be to hit against non-Tank high toughness models, such as wraithlords, and because it is not on an independent character it can be a "hidden powerfist" so can almost be guaranteed to land a blow. After all, marines are only S4, and rolling to wound against say big bugs requires 6s.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast