BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: XV22 Commander

Default XV22 Commander

Does anyone know if the XV22 Tau commander rules are legal?

Chapter-Master

That's forgeworld, right? Then it's pretty much opponent's permission. Forgeworld's gotten a bit more official, but it's not widely accepted at tournaments yet.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Banned

What book has the Forgeworld rules for the XV-22? It's not like they currently sell the model. The only one I know of is Citadel's Shadowsun, which are as legal as Farsight is.

Right. Shadowsun IS the XV22 but forgeworld has their own rules for a generic (non-shadowsun) model. I'm sure it's not 'legal' in tourney play (nothing fun usually is). I'm just wondering if it's 'legal' as a general principle a la forgeworld up date for Tau.

Chapter-Master

It isn't opponents permission. Forge world rules are totally legitamite. What are you gunna say? Sorry you cannot play with your awesome looking Elysian army! Nope, you cannot play your corsairs!

The permission stuff is silly. C model, c model with rules. Run, model, run!

Brother-Captain

Hey Tynskel, maybe you should read the rulebook like your obnoxious thread suggests. Pg.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Panxer View Post
    ...Forgeworld has their own rules for a generic (non-shadowsun) model....
    Uhm... could you please put the link up? I have the Tau update with the Tetra and the XV-81, -84, and -89 rules, but there's nothing about a generic Shadowsun suit...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    Hey Tynskel, maybe you should read the rulebook like your obnoxious thread suggests. Pg.2.
    Hey bfmusashi, you should read the ALL the rules, like my obnoxious thread states, and you would know that forgeworld doesn't need permissions.

On the another note:
    Where are these x22 rules? I don't see them in the forgeworld tau FAQ, nor do I remember them being in the taros campaign book.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    Hey bfmusashi, you should read the ALL the rules, like my obnoxious thread states, and you would know that forgeworld doesn't need permissions.
    Prove it. Find the passage and I will apologize. In the mean time, which I'm sure will be short as you are clearly a font of knowledge on the topic, your opponent has to agree to play you. Although they may smell like it, game stores are not dungeons and no one has to play with you.

Librarian

Calm down y'all. There's no place in the current 5th edition codex that explicitly says Forgeworld models are legal upon GW sanction. GW does sanction certain models and rules for use for the purpose of Tournament Organizer's ease.

Many casual games are ok with Forgeworld models and rules (I mean, you're playing with your friends, right?), but in tournaments, you have to clear the rules with the Tournament Organizer first. If they OK your list/models, then you're good to roll.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast