BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Chapter-Master

I don't have any objections to your ideas, but I don't think they warrant a codex for each legion. That could be achieved through a bit more detail in the vanilla codex. The only probelm, is where do you stop? Why just the original legions? After all, BT and CF are both successor chapters, yet they get more coverage than say Iron Hands (who are much more interesting IMO). I think that is probably because, other than their desire to 'pimp my ride' their own bodies, they adhere pretty closely to the Codex Astartes. I personally like the system of a special character unlocking unique abilities for a chapter. What I would like is much less focus on the smurfs and a codex that focus on SM in general.
    Last edited by Wildeybeast; 04-28-2012 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Typo
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Initiate

Sure, they can add as many new Marine codexs as people want, BUT they release a new xeno codex per. Squats are primed for a comeback and lets not forget Hrud. That's 2 more marine codexs.

As a DA player I like the idea of more variety, but there should be a counter balance. An uber codex would be the easiest fix but one that GW wont ever do. But should they add new Xeno races, i'd say bring more marines on.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    I don't have any objections to your ideas, but I don't think they warrant a codex for each legion. That could be achieved through a bit more detail in the vanilla codex. The only probelm, is where do you stop? Why just the original legions? After all, BT and CF are both successor chapters, yet they get more coverage than say Iron Hands (who are much more interesting IMO). I think that is probably because, other than their desire to 'pimp my ride' their own bodies, they adhere pretty closely to the Codex Astartes. I personally like the system of a special character unlocking unique abilities for a chapter. What I would like is much less focus on the smurfs and a codex that focus on SM in general.
    That would be a great idea my friend.

Brother G
    *Remember Rynns*
    "The Emperor Protects"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123