BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 40k events you would love to see get the BL treatment

So what events in the vast 40k universe would you like to see given some love by the Black Library?

There's a few events in Eldar history that I would like to see done...

Exodus
    A novel following an individual as the Eldar empire begins to degenerate. What happens to the Eldar they knows as friends, how do they battle the temptations within? Would be cool to have them be the last eldar to depart on the last craftworld to leave.

Hunted
    The tale of Arhra and Karandras. master and pupil, hunter becomes hunted. Preferably on a warp touched planet that messes with the mind.
    Gamer • Painter • Designer • Englishman
    http://levitas-master-artificer.blogspot.com

How well are the events in the Imperial Armour books "fictionalized" in them? Would they do with novels (or series of novels) about some of those campaigns? (Like Vrax)
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Chapter-Master

Love the idea of a fall of the Eldar book. I would also quite like a book that focuses on Harlequins.

The Hive Fleet invasion on Iyanden would be quite interesting as well

As would a Tau book. Do the Tau even have any books? Look at Farsight maybe and what disenfranchised him with the greater good
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Brother-Captain

I think the Tau are limited to the Firewarrior novelization and guest appearances in things like the Cain books (which made me like the little blue *******s). I'd really like a book on the relationship between human worlds in the Empire and their relationship with the rest of humanity. I'd also like a book that cleans up the latest rebuild of the C'tan. The idea that every C'tan that's appeared so far is a piece of a shattered consciousness would make them mind-numbingly horrifying.

I'm sure once the HH series winds down, or even before, there will be an age of apostasy / reign of blood series. Well almost. It's featured in the Souldrinkers daenaythos book.

Iron Father

A book telling the story of the rise of Ghaz, from his and the Orks point of view. This would allow the writer to inject some humour with violence on equal measure. Could even chuck in a few of the other Ork characters. The fiction writing in the codex is hilarious and a novel written in that style would be fantastic.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chaplain

As someone who started playing 40k with the second ed box set I would like more novels/short stories set around the 2nd war of armageddon. I would love to see a book of short stories each from the perspective of a different force involved, imperial and ork.

Levitas I thought this was a great idea for a topic so I've pinched it for the fantasy section hope you don't mind