BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Necron Royal Court Squadron Uses?

So I wanted to discuss the possible uses of the rc as a unit. Has anyone usd the rc before and what build did you use?

I was thinking of a way to make this a nasty unit. I took 5 base crypteks and 5 lords with warscyth, MSS, and one with orb. This comes out to a whooping 455 pts. I haven't used it yet because of this high cost. It has amazing shooting to destroy meq squads and the lords can really dish it out while the crypteks take the wounds in assault.

I was planning on taking a ghost ark too and having them hop a ride in it And launch out in assault.

What are your thoughts? I think the lords are far too expensive but I like the idea of using the opened top rule to engage opponents.

Not sure if this unit will get any play time but let's get the ball rolling. What builds have you used or faced?
    For the Empire-----CHARGE!!!!!!!!!

Librarian

I haven't used one personally, but I've seen them in use. the trick for fielding one that's good is finding the right combination of gear, not number of models. A well-designed court goes in and accomplishes it's job quickly, without opportunities to retaliate. A Veil of Darkness (Obyron is good for this, with his ability to teleport the squad away from a disadvantageous fight), chronometreon, res orb, and tools to ward off assaults are all useful and help the squad stay alive and unmolested longer. A unmolested Royal Court can bring along the firepower to seriously screw over enemy units in power armor or at higher toughness.

Two things, i may be wrong but royal courts cannot combine with eachother making one 10 models unit. Second, you can't take a ghost ark for this unit because only warriors units can take them.

Chaplain

You can have 5 crytpeks and 5 lords per court, making one unit. Also you would have to take a group of warriors and leave them out of the ark. On turn one, the RC would hop in the ark.
    Last edited by Nachodragon; 04-26-2012 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Clarity

I personally like the idea of a viel, chronometron, pulse and storm tek all in a unit of 4 lords with 2 orbs, all 4 MS weave and scythes or hyperphase blades, and to top it all off put Trazan in the unit, possibly spend extra points on an additional tek and lord but hot damn, that's a scoring unit with some annoying close range damage, and real hard to deal with close combat potential (5 or 6 MS units, including trazan)