BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I so hope that bit about Lucius is wrong, or at least that Lucius has a much lower WS than he does now (7). It is bad enough that everything that makes Craftworld Eldar unique has been whittled away over the past six years (bar runes) without the same happening to DE. The only thing Lelith has going for her is that special rule and a 4/3++ save, the last thing we need is some ******* CSM ****** coming along and doing it better because he has a super marine statline and a bunch of other wargear and stuff. I'm not too worried yet because I think Faeits soruces are rubbish but they may get some things right.
    I don't have the previous codex with me but didn't Lucius have a rule where he got more attacks for facing a higher WS foe and less for facing a lower WS foe on the basis he couldn't be bothered fighting them (something like his attacks stat was half their WS or he got +1 attack for WS 6 or more and -1 attack for WS 3 or less). That type of rule seems much more appropriate for him, or am I thinking of someone else?

Chapter-Master

I so hope that bit about Lucius is wrong, or at least that Lucius has a much lower WS than he does now (7). It is bad enough that everything that makes Craftworld Eldar unique has been whittled away over the past six years (bar runes) without the same happening to DE. The only thing Lelith has going for her is that special rule and a 4/3++ save, the last thing we need is some ******* CSM ****** coming along and doing it better because he has a super marine statline and a bunch of other wargear and stuff. I'm not too worried yet because I think Faeits soruces are rubbish but they may get some things right.
    EG: Let not your heard be troubled. With the way in which SC's are getting mega-buffed, I have a feeling that our Phoenix Lords will return to glory.

There's absolutely no reason why Jain Zar or Asurmen should be bested in combat by a mere mortal marine.

The fact that a human assassin has a higher WS than a PL is downright shameful honestly.

The fact that a human has a better WS and I than a Marine is appaulling.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Not that I can see, might be missing something though.
    Quote Originally Posted by isotope99 View Post
    I don't have the previous codex with me but didn't Lucius have a rule where he got more attacks for facing a higher WS foe and less for facing a lower WS foe on the basis he couldn't be bothered fighting them (something like his attacks stat was half their WS or he got +1 attack for WS 6 or more and -1 attack for WS 3 or less). That type of rule seems much more appropriate for him, or am I thinking of someone else?

Agreed, I'm not too worried about Craftworld Eldar to be honest, there may be some edition creep in 5th but that is mostly new books getting new toys and new rules to add variety. Eldar should get the same treatment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    EG: Let not your heard be troubled. With the way in which SC's are getting mega-buffed, I have a feeling that our Phoenix Lords will return to glory.

There's absolutely no reason why Jain Zar or Asurmen should be bested in combat by a mere mortal marine.

The fact that a human assassin has a higher WS than a PL is downright shameful honestly.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    The fact that a human has a better WS and I than a Marine is appaulling.
    I dunno about that. Assassins are typically far superior combatants than your run of the mill marine, especially a marine who has only been a marine for a short period of time. Personally, I would put assassin's skill around the same level as a Captain (W6/BS6) but keep their stats human (St3/T3) unless they had some sort of stim drugs that increased it (ala DE combat drugs)

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Demonus View Post
    I dunno about that. Assassins are typically far superior combatants than your run of the mill marine, especially a marine who has only been a marine for a short period of time. Personally, I would put assassin's skill around the same level as a Captain (W6/BS6) but keep their stats human (St3/T3) unless they had some sort of stim drugs that increased it (ala DE combat drugs)
    Thats it.. the eversor is on Bath Salts!

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Thats it.. the eversor is on Bath Salts!
    There was that battle between 300 Eversors and 3 chapters of marines. Everyone died except one marine who went on to kill the traitor Master of Assassins.

Some apparent clarification about Typhus and Lucuis from Faeit via Warseer:
    Plague Marines have FNP you don't need Typhus, it's the Cultist that get FNP and Fearless when upgraded to zombies with Typhus. Lucious the Eternals Attack profile is based on the WS of his opponent only in a Challenge. Daemon Forge is an optional to use ability that is only for shooting not CC. It allows to re roll failed armor pen or wound roll too, but you have to roll a D6 and on a 1 your defiler looses a Hull Point.

Close but he has been a bit mistaken on the exact wording on a few of these. Take it as you will he is obviously hearing his rumors third party and we have to deal with a Telephone game scenario here.
    Really happy about the bolded bit assuming any of it is true, if it is just in a challenge then it's fine, Lelith ges it all the time.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Ooooh, challenges? Interesting.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Really happy about the bolded bit assuming any of it is true, if it is just in a challenge then it's fine, Lelith ges it all the time.
    Until she gets FAQed to match up with Lucius.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345