BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

It's been mentioned a few times already but what's the 'dealio' with ghost like Eldar in the bottom left?

Perhaps some kind of Aspect Warrior that's now extinct, any guess people?

More Eldar fluff from the 31st Millenium is cool... As well as more Iron Warrior fluff, especially on Perturabo
    [I][I] =][= "Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse” =][=

Chapter-Master

waitasecond!? are those the shadow specters (the FW eldar aspect) in the foreground?!
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzbuket View Post
    waitasecond!? are those the shadow specters (the FW eldar aspect) in the foreground?!
    No, theyre carryong some sort of war staff that the Spectes dont. Looks a lot line a new necron weapon actually.

Also why has no one noticed there are 3 primarchs on the cover? One in the front (gudssing Pertubo), one in pink (fulgrim) and one guy in the bsck ocer pertubos shoulder. Unless rhe guy in pink isnt a primsrch, just a normal marine? But i dont see one marine surviving long.

Also a few WLords arent going to bother 2 primarches. Magnus kills 2 demon infested Phantom Titans all by himself in Thousand Sons
    Last edited by DrLove42; 04-28-2012 at 02:29 AM.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

The guy in pink in the foreground is just an ordinary Emperors Children (child?) and the guy partially hidden behind Perturabo is an ordinary Iron Warrior. Fulgrim is the guy in the background with the large wing. If you check the BL blog page it does say just two primarchs.

Edit. These two are the Primarchs

Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Brother-Captain

Upon reflection and a trip to the ever so poorly written 40k wikis this doesn't seem weird. Elrdad's already a Farseer from Ulthwe when he meets Fulgrim and the Craftworlds are supposed to have been independent and living their new lifestyle well before the Fall. The practice of spirit stones would likely have become a common practice. After that it doesn't take but one guy going "you know what would be rad? Making a giant robot body for grandpa."

Brother-Sergeant

Shiny very shiny

Battle-Brother

Imagine all the problems that would be solved if there were a dozen Pathfinders in the wings ready to turn some heads into red mist...

I think the Eldar in the left foreground is a warlock, he(or she) is carrying a spear, has what looks like that rib-like pattern over the pectorals that runic armor has, and doesn't have the crest of a Farseer.

Though the pauldrons remind me of a guardian...maybe a Storm guardian being shredded by psychic power?

Chapter-Master

I'm pretty effing sick of the Eldar getting the chocolate end of the stick in the HH novels.

Fulgrim death gripping an Avatar's head? yeah... ok... sorry I don't buy it.

Now this.

My Eldar pride can only take so many injustices.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I'm pretty effing sick of the Eldar getting the chocolate end of the stick in the HH novels.

Fulgrim death gripping an Avatar's head? yeah... ok... sorry I don't buy it.

Now this.

My Eldar pride can only take so many injustices.
    Yeah I'm pretty bored of everyone just bashing on the Eldar despite the fact that by all rights they should win almost every battle they fight, due to the fact that they almost always choose their battles, and thus wouldn't strike without a high chance of victory.

On the other hand despite being an Eldar fan I'm not deluded enough to think that one Avatar could take on a Primarch. I agree that the way he got it was ridiculous, an Avatar wouldn't be stupid enough to be distracted by throwing his sword up into the air, but the fact remains that a Primarch is more powerful than an Avatar.

Either way they need to stop bashing on the Eldar, even in their own books. The Eldar aren't stupid, they know what a Primarch and space marine force is capable of and wouldn't attack them without a way to kill them. Personally I don't know why they don't just fire distort cannons at them, it doesn't matter how tough they are if they're sucked into the warp.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast