BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default New Empire Battalion

The new Empire battalion should be going up for advance orders tomorrow, it contains:

20 State Troops, 10 Handgunners, 8 Knights and a Cannon/Mortar.

For £60

Changes are

-10 Greatswords
    +10 State Troops
    -£10

Total savings £22 the same as now.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Given that it features no new models, I question the point of changing it, but what do I know?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

I think it was re-adjusting it so it would have three types of core troops and one special instead of two of each. As nice as it was I always felt Greatswords were an odd choice for a battalion. I mean I stopped buying battalions after a while as I jsut didn't need anymore Greatswords, despite loving the model and sometimes buying them just to paint. But now if I want to expand my Empire force I will probably consider buying a battalion.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Sergeant

I wonder if this one will come with the White Wolf upgrade sprue.

Battle-Brother

not sure if thats a good or bad thing. I guess you will never have enough state troops, but at the moment my army needs some greatswords. to be honest id wish they kept the great swords, added the state troops and get rid of the canon/mortar.