BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chaplain

Default Necron Second Wave Ready for Advance Order

The second wave of Necron goodness is up on the GW website now. Order your 'crons to put the upstarts in their place and reclaim your dynastic glory! Just don't paint them pink with flowers and butterflies...
    "Winning is a theme" - John "JJ" Layfield

Chapter-Master

Having just read through the WD info about them, these models sound amazing. A number of them have ball and socket joints, allowing for complete freedom in posing limbs. Others, such as the Tomb Blades actually allow you to stick components in different places on the chassis, letting you build very different looking vehciles, from short stocky ones to long sleek ones. I have to say that I am really impressed by that.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Brother-Sergeant

I do not even play Necrons, but these models are awesome. I hope all of the new releases for all of the armies are this well built. When I started playing 40k back in 98 we did not have these new fangled gadgets, moving parts on a model and such.

These are SUCH an improvement on the previous wraiths.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson View Post
    These are SUCH an improvement on the previous wraiths.
    Not hard to do, considering how top-heavy and pewter the old ones were.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Chaplain

I am for the most part pleased with the new release as well. I LOVE the plastic kits, and plan on getting 2 Triarch Stalkers and a box of the new Wraiths on my next order. I maxed out on the old Spyders (I've got 9 already) and Wraiths (also 9), so I'll be getting Wraiths first because of the increased squad size for that unit, but I might break down and get some Spyders down the road. I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't post pictures of the new Spyder sprues, however. I'll be getting some Tomb Blades fairly soon as well as they look awesome and their rules are good. Getting them post 6e might also be good to see what jetbikes and Stealth will be like in the new edition.

The SCs for the most part look decent. I do have concerns about the 'capes' for Zahndrekh and Obyron being too thin and breaking off when cleaning them with a modelling knife, however. I am also disappointed that they didn't make the Ghostwalk Mantle a prominent feature of the Obyron mini. He is supposed to have a pimped out Veil of Darkness but it really doesn't look like he has a cape at all. The Illuminor Szeras mini looks cool, too bad his rules are so lame. Again, I might get it at some point, but it can wait.

Overall I am pretty happy with the second wave release.
    "Winning is a theme" - John "JJ" Layfield

Chapter-Master

Wraithwing 5th edition style...here we come, Wraiths were always my favourite unit and now they look better than ever - I'll be buying 6 boxes, even if I never field that many, I just want lots of the buggers. Shall get a Triarch Stalker too since my 3rd necron army is themed around the Triarch. Awesome model wave.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Shall get a Triarch Stalker too since my 3rd necron army is themed around the Triarch.
    You're trying that too?

I built a Destroyer Lord using parts from the Praetorian kit and I've decided to explain it away as that Lord having once been one of them...and my Cult of the Red Harvest having, as a result, some sort of connection with the Praetorians.

Pondering a list with my elite/fast slots full of Praetorians, Stalkers and Destroyers.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Much more keen on these new kits after watching the [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rrKt_t8LtCQ"]GW video[/URL].
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Much more keen on these new kits after watching the [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rrKt_t8LtCQ"]GW video[/URL].
    Nice video... I LOVE that menacing music in it!
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!