BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: BT questions

Default BT questions

I am by no means new to the game or really to space marines in general, but I know that BT work just... a tad bit differently than their counterparts.

I was thinking of making a list using small units with assault/heavy weapons. I was wondering if it would be better to take these units with a lascannon razorback to create more of an anti-tank threat, (after the razor is blown up, you still have the dudes inside,) or if it's better to just stick to a rhino. I know razorbacks are expensive in the codex, but I wasn't sure what people have more success with.

Any ideas would be great.

I run BTs, and I find their troops to be excessively fragile in small numbers.

They are often pulled out of cover or broken due to the take Ld. on 1 casualty problem. They run forwards out of cover.

If you're not going to run assault BT in Land Raiders or Rhinos, I certainly wouldn't use little 5-man MSU squads.

Also giving them heavy weapons is a pain because of the Kill Them All! rule.
    We are heavy metal pirates! / We sail across the skies! / In our battleships of cosmic steel / we're terror up on high! - Alestorm

It basically sounds like you want to play Vanilla marines instead. Do the exact opposite and it'll work better. 10 man assault units works fine

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I run BTs, and I find their troops to be excessively fragile in small numbers.

They are often pulled out of cover or broken due to the take Ld. on 1 casualty problem. They run forwards out of cover.

If you're not going to run assault BT in Land Raiders or Rhinos, I certainly wouldn't use little 5-man MSU squads.

Also giving them heavy weapons is a pain because of the Kill Them All! rule.
    Actually they do not
    if you read BT codex it says
    when you take a moral test, the unit does a consilidation move (removed massacre part b/c it is no longer relevant) and if you read the consilidation rules in 5th edition it says you may move up to the amount rolled, so techincally you only to move a mm or less then that
    Star Wars Galaxies - Rest in Peace - is Benjam Frail, NGE Player
    (former) fan of Supreme Commander, Dungeon Siege and Gas Powered Games