BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Librarian

I'm more exited for a complete game overhaul because the one thing 40k has been missing durin 5th is real character. With everything streamlining and less choice, im looking forward to a time when the battlefield becomes an integral part of the game, not just an extra save. Why in this futuristic sci-fi universe does every battle take place in verdant meadows, the streets of vogon, or on a dusty desert outpost? i want a rule system that inspires me to play games of mighty heroes battling in alien worlds, where the unexpected may shift the game balance, and the most ingenious commanders will win through adversity.

Players should be rewarded for having varied and wild forces, not photocopied meltagun toting hexagons.

But just to lay my cards on the table, 6th won't be that drastic. As a rule of a thumb, if it seems like a leap from the last couple of codecies, then its unlikely to be in 6th.

Mechanics might change, but they wont be replaced/removed.

For example, AP might reduce armour, and have an effect in cc, but it won't be replaced by an alternate system. I don't see cc weapons gaining strange and personalised AP values, but pistols using their existing values, I can believe. Maybe ccws will gain a sweeping AP value, but not individual to each weapon type.
    Conscription in the Lucky 88th
    http://lucky88th.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

I'd like to see the scenarios from 8th carried across. We went from 4th with lots of missions, to 5th with 3.

Is it cynical to think GW might do "lore" charts for magic just so they can sell more of the "limited" physic power card decks for each army?
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TSINI View Post
    I'm more exited for a complete game overhaul because the one thing 40k has been missing durin 5th is real character. With everything streamlining and less choice, im looking forward to a time when the battlefield becomes an integral part of the game, not just an extra save.
    I'm sorry, are you looking at the same 5th Edition codices that I have in front of me?
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by TSINI View Post
    I'm more exited for a complete game overhaul because the one thing 40k has been missing durin 5th is real character. With everything streamlining and less choice, im looking forward to a time when the battlefield becomes an integral part of the game, not just an extra save. Why in this futuristic sci-fi universe does every battle take place in verdant meadows, the streets of vogon, or on a dusty desert outpost? i want a rule system that inspires me to play games of mighty heroes battling in alien worlds, where the unexpected may shift the game balance, and the most ingenious commanders will win through adversity.

Players should be rewarded for having varied and wild forces, not photocopied meltagun toting hexagons.
    The two statements here seem to contradict. You want less choice but more varied forces? I want more options, more choices, more army builds within each Codex! So far, GW has been delivering on just that. Each Codex that has come out has had a great upgrade in choice, especially Grey Knights and Necron lately. I hope that continues.

If your battles are all taking place on boring boards... then you should make new boards and terrain to play on.

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    The two statements here seem to contradict. You want less choice but more varied forces? I want more options, more choices, more army builds within each Codex! So far, GW has been delivering on just that. Each Codex that has come out has had a great upgrade in choice, especially Grey Knights and Necron lately. I hope that continues.

If your battles are all taking place on boring boards... then you should make new boards and terrain to play on.
    I think he's complaining about streamlining & lack of choice, saying that's a bad bit of 5th, hoping that the game instead becomes more varied?
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

So what is it? Is 8th edition Fantasy better or worse than 7th? Funny I keep reading alot of people say 8th improved so much that it's a good thing. Funny how some are crying it's the worst ever.

What about 40K? I clearly remeber how alot of people said they would NEVER EVER play 5th edition and will stick to 4th. Funny I see everyone playing 5th edition and not reading any threads or posts about anyone playing 4th edition. Same thing will be for 6th edition.

Why not just wait and see what rumours are true, what rumours are false and when the new rules finaly come out actually play them for 2 months to make desicons.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post
    Why not just wait and see what rumours are true, what rumours are false and when the new rules finaly come out actually play them for 2 months to make desicons.
    I second this motion.

Edition wars on the internet? SHOCK!
    Why speculate in rumor threads? I am confus!
    Second.
    Stay classy, you two.

Chapter-Master

I find it especially sad when people already dismiss 6th ed and have decided to play with the leaked document, despite the fact that they have no idea what 6th ed will actually contain and that the leaked rules, while overall pretty awesome, have tons and tons of gaps because it wasn't a finished ruleset.

Why in this futuristic sci-fi universe does every battle take place in verdant meadows, the streets of vogon, or on a dusty desert outpost?
    Because terrain is expensive and tough to build?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I'll still play 6th even if it ends up being massively retarded. I will just chafe at the stupidity. I have such a large force that I can conceivably field whatever mix of infantry and tanks will be appropriate for the new edition.

What does have me worried is if too much randomness seeps in, it might just put me off the game entirely. Losing a game on a single unfortunate die roll really sucks - see Fantasy.

Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast