BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Poor, poor Dr Love... His Eldar hate 6th edition and the rules gods...
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

It will be really hard to justify GK Stormraven in any of the lists, if 2x glan can bring it down (with any cargo it has) already in a very pointhungry army.

I tend to run 2 (sometimes 3) stormravens at 230pts each (typhoon missile at the front, and turret depending on the enemy / general list i am building). Thats up to 690pts that is really easy to knock down, when in comparison, that at that points, i could take 3 NDKs (that apparently are getting some sort of buffs).

Also, nothing is stating that Terminators are going to be any more viable (i have no that many power weapons to fear in our small plastic crack community - Even if they are AP3). Its melta and fists(or klaws) that are present in our tables.. If i cannot transport them on a raven, and cannot charge with them if i DS, then there is no point in taking them at all

It will encourage even more taking cheap razorbacks and purifiers.

GK Main army:
    HQ: Crowe (And maybe libby)
    Troops: 5x Purifier Squads with razorbacks
    Heavy: Some NDKs probably

IG Allies:
    HQ: Primaris Psyker
    Troops: IG platoon with 50man blob giving look out arghs! to Primaris psyker (on a 2+) and Crowe (4+)..
    and heavy weapons like no tomorrow (3-15, depending on the points)
    Fast: Why not take 3x vendettas in a squadron then. Half the price of the kitted stormraven and 9x TLLCs to crack open AV14

Also, if that blob is able to fire rapid fire weapons to the 24" (with junior officer yelling first rank fire, second rank fire) it will be ~100 shots per turn to some poor souls coming on their way.. Same goes with that defensive fire.. good luck assaulting that group.. And ofc, libby giving that 5+ cover save for them for a little

Oh, and priests with eviscerators ( if they can give their furious charge to the GK allies). Purifiers with furious charge, mmm

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Well you could probably do that if they are all equipped the same. The rule is sto fix the wound allocation problems of 5th edition by forcing players toremove whole models in order of proximity. If all your genestealers are equipped the same, just ask to take them from the back. As far as I know it won't impact on anything.
    The impression I get is that you CAN'T do this because if you get a good overwatch shooting salvo versus an assaulting unit it may effect whether that assaulting unit can reach you in assault or not. Also regular shooting may effect assault units and whether they can reach units in combat. If you take out the first two "rows" of orks bearing down on you in your regular shooting phase, it just may be enough to prevent them from getting into charging range.

The impression I get is that its strict in that you HAVE to take the actual models that are closest to the shooting unit. But I guess once we get the book in our hands we won't have to rely on "impressions".... I guess we'll find out this weekend.

I was referringto close combat, obviously for shooting you remove the ones infront first but it shouldn't be too hard as they won't be bunched up against the enemy. This assumes overwatch shots are taken whenthe charge is declared not after they are moved.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Yeah -

I'm not pleased with the changes to the vehicles. It seems to me that they were trying to nerf the parking lot, but have really just screwed over those of us that casually used transports for our fragile space elves.

Those of us with nothing but AV10/12 vehicles are crying atm. Hopefully hull points "regenerate" somehow.

I think it's at the start of each turn.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    I think it's at the start of each turn.
    Well thats good.

Its unclear also as to whether or not fast skimmers will be able to claim a 5+ jink while still being able to shoot effectively. If so that will mitigate the effects of the glance-a-thon.

Chapter-Master

I read it as;

Normal Vehicles - Up to 6" fire everything. 6 - 12" move, fire 1 gun normal BS, rest at BS1 (but not blasts)

Fast Vehicles can still fire everything normally at 12".

Skimmers always get a 5+ jink save, becomes 4+ if flat out

Also flat out is now in the shooting phase. How does this work with Enhanced Aethersails or Star Engines?
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

First-Captain

Well for all your tyranid players, all your creatures with any Form of pyskic powers can use the ones from the book, page 101 white dwarf. Should be nasty with genestealers.
    For the Greater good.

Can we ally with the same codex, has that been ascertained?
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast