BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default 6th Ed Content Rumours

OK so a roundabout way of posting rumours but....

Bell of Lost Souls page on Facebook just posted this;

All the birds are starting to chirp regarding 40k 6th.

-Expect to see many of the features of the WFB 8th Edition Magic phase coming to 40k. Psychers will function VERY differently than they do now.
    No source, no anything just that. I don't even know who actually runs the BOLS facebook page. Is it BigRed or one of the others?

ANyway..this rumour ^^

I f***ing hate. It sounds awful. Current powers work fine, I don't want pools for casting and dispelling. Games being lost cos you rolled badly on your for your pool. I'm guessing a "miscast" would become a Perils test. And then this is just going to shaft non-physic races like DE, Tau .... even Orks and Nids. Re-writting every codex to give them new physic defences. And then rewritten to rebalence every bit of physic wargear...particularly the Eldar and Nids stuff.

Of all the things to carry across from Fantasy....why this?

Update - From BoLS front page

Many of the general concepts from magic from Warhammer Fantasy are coming to Warhammer 40,000.
    -There will be "lore equivalents"
    -Psychic powers will be generated randomly by psykers (like fantasy)
    -Entirely new rules for constructing army lists (~Look at Fantasy for hints)
    -The FOC may be history
    The news on physic powers get worse, maybe not getting pools, but randomly generated powers? From lore trees? Do the Eldar share the same physic powers as the Orks and Deamons now? This is bull***t.

The FoC i soculd maybe got on baord with. But not this. This smacks of someone who played a few too many games of storm of magic and decided "you know what 40k needs? Less tactics and more random crap messing everything up!"

Update 2! From Faeit 212

Via Grant
    Hey mates,
    All the stuff in this link is 100% the real deal. ( Ive posted it below)

As far as 6th ed...
    I will also add that vehicles use "hull points" in 6th. If a vehicle has 3 hull points it will die after 3 shaken results, but it can still explode after 1 shot as normal.

All cc weapons have AP values in 6th similar to what was in the fake 6th ed rule book leak.
    There are going to be no different levels of Eternal Warrior either.

Cheers,
    Grant
    Last edited by DrLove42; 04-29-2012 at 12:59 PM.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

I actually find the magic system in fantasy to be better than the current 40K mess that exists. The current system is broken. Imagine what would happen if tyranid players finally had access to counter psychics by shadow of the warp giving you a bigger pool of dice to cancel out pcycher attacks.

Sorry for spelling. doing this from a phone.

Chaplain

I don't know whether this would be good or bad basically because I have no idea what that's supposed to mean. I think magic in 8th is perfectly fine and fun but don't really get how something that has a whole phase to itself in fantasy is going to be transposed to 40k (assuming they don't bring back the psychic phase)

The psyker rules will be different in that there will be different levels (1, 2, 3 etc) dictating how many powers per game tunr can be used or nullify......more to come....

IF what was said in bok about a 6th edition VERY different from the 5th one was true, maybe (and just maybe) all the codexes will become obsolete, like WF going from 5th to 6th (IIRC)...

This could be an opportunity to reset the balance problem, but also could piss off a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Surendil View Post
    IF what was said in bok about a 6th edition VERY different from the 5th one was true, maybe (and just maybe) all the codexes will become obsolete, like WF going from 5th to 6th (IIRC)...

This could be an opportunity to reset the balance problem, but also could piss off a lot of people.
    If they were going to do that, then they would have just given Necrons a ragdex rather than a whole codex. I can't imagine buying a codex last fall, only for it to be deemed illegal come summer of the next year.

Chapter-Master

My two cents? I really like the magic system in Fantasy. I think it builds a sense that as the two armies are striving on the battlefield, the two (or more!) wizards are waging an unseen magical battle all around them. I like how it requires the off-player's attention and engagement (much like Infinity...). I like how it makes even failure into an epic challenge. It's part of what drew me to Fantasy and to my army (Lizardmen), and I don't think it will hurt to have some of that in 40k. That said, it might hurt my interest in my beloved, abused Tau, unless they give us some psychic alien allies or alter the fluff so that we are actually resistent to psychic powers (a la Fantasy's Dwarves), rather than just uninteresting to daemons.

Also... look, I don't like change any more than anyone else. And I've just come to the game - I've just gotten used to the rules as they are - so it's plenty frustrating to me. But, it's gotta happen. Rules change. Editions roll on. That's life. I'm pretty resigned to it, and eager to see what the new edition has to offer.
    Last edited by ElectricPaladin; 04-28-2012 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck777 View Post
    If they were going to do that, then they would have just given Necrons a ragdex rather than a whole codex. I can't imagine buying a codex last fall, only for it to be deemed illegal come summer of the next year.
    IIRC they did the trick back then with vampire counts, giving them an army book in 1999 and replacing it with a ravening hordes list about half a year later.

Sadly, GW doesn't caracterize too much for showing a lot of respect for its clients.

How about reserving judgement until we actually SEE the rules.

About all you could say now is "could be good, could be bad."

Besides, it's not like they're going to bring movement trays in to 40k.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
    Besides, it's not like they're going to bring movement trays in to 40k.
    lol, dont jinx it -giggles-
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast