BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    The thing is it just makes DE much more of an Alpha strike list. It HAS to be a "go big or go home". As it stands if you think of its as a missile, 6th ed makes the delivery system more reliable, but if the warhead doesn't cripple immediatly it won't survive
    I'm seeing this too. Also want to know if we can use our poisoned pistols in close combat.

The drop to 5+ FNP does make us indeed feel it.

Anyone know what fleet does now??
    Gamer • Painter • Designer • Englishman
    http://levitas-master-artificer.blogspot.com

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Besides, only hitting vehicles on a 6 makes sense. Have you ever tried to punch a car as it drove by?
    Yes, and I scored a penetrating hit. I only got a stunned result though. The fist was a bit sore for a few days afterwards.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    But the points about FNP: 130pts for a model to give paladins fnp (and lose 1x str5 stormbolter) has up to the point been questionable upgrade at best, now becoming complete joke.
    FNP has never had anything to do with what makes Paladins so good. It doesn't really matter that it will be irrelevant in 6th, because it's pretty much irrelevant now.

We don't have a complete enough picture to see which armies get the most buffs/nerfs, though. What we know about psychic powers, for example, is too vague to tell if it will set GKs apart from most other armies, or if it instead gives other armies the ability to compete psychically with GKs.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyguy View Post
    Yes, and I scored a penetrating hit. I only got a stunned result though. The fist was a bit sore for a few days afterwards.
    At least that 18’ tall winged red murder daemon that hides in my closet, will have a better than 40% changes to open a speeding rhino. Maybe GW wants to sell bloodthirster boxes rather than razorback kits this edition…

I thought the idea of an evasion stat vs BS was a good one. I'm sure it will make sense when we see the whole picture. But we do need a difference in how vehicles are hit and how that takes into consideration the WS/BS of the attacker.

A grot shooting at fast moving flyer and a vindicare sniping a stationary landraider should be vastly different. Hope 6th shows us that it is.
    Gamer • Painter • Designer • Englishman
    http://levitas-master-artificer.blogspot.com

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by oftenwrong View Post
    At least that 18’ tall winged red murder daemon that hides in my closet, will have a better than 40% changes to open a speeding rhino. Maybe GW wants to sell bloodthirster boxes rather than razorback kits this edition…
    I know I'd like to see a winged Hive Tyrant with scything talons have a good shot at catching and killing flyers/fast skimmers...though really it's the 'catching' part that's hardest.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Chapter-Master

5th ed - melta and transport spam
    6th ed - blast templates (dont need 6's to hit those vehicles), monstrous creatures (my 5 wraithlord army is a go) and fast transports

As for clmment about how hard it is to punch a car, a rhino is bigger than a transit van, and moving at6" is walking speed. A massive van sized object moving 3mph isnt hard to hit. A motorbike loving 100mph however....
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

I'm willing to give nearly all the new rumors a try, even the ones that will certainly not benefit the types of lists I currently play. I think that's part of the point of a new edition is to shake everything up and stop people leaning on the same stuff.

A couple issues I have though: It sounds like infantry is doing to die a lot faster thanks to a decrease in many cover saves from 4+ to 5+, and the possible inclusion of AP in close combat, while vehicles are going to be a bit toughter to kill, especially fast ones. I don't know if this is going to solve the mech problems.

Also, I can't believe random charges will be in the 6th edition. There was so much backlash about random charges in 8th edition fantasy, and like it or hate it, I can't understand why they would choose to do the same thing with 40k. I really don't want to see random charges brought into 40k, even though I think the system wouldn't be hit as hard as 8th edition WFB was by its inclusion.

The things i truly hope to see in the next set of released rumours are following things confirmed:

a) Assault weapons grant additional +1 attack on the charge (as a second ccw)
    b) Vehicles being able to fire all their weapons at differents targets
    c) Boosts for MCs

For the rest i am all open minded for

Chapter-Master

As a side note, my GW managers just come back from a trip to GW Central. So they probably know alllll about it now.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Page 25 of 59 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast