BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 19 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

As an Eldar player the idea of random powers and casting pools of dice worry be immensly

I don't play Fantasy because I dislike the way magic works in it.If that comes to 40K, my 15,000 points of Eldar are screwed cos they need powers to survive, and i won't be using them....
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Same for Ahazra Redth, though I suppose you can't really alter Mirage (the main power that I'd use)
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    As an Eldar player the idea of random powers and casting pools of dice worry be immensly

I don't play Fantasy because I dislike the way magic works in it.If that comes to 40K, my 15,000 points of Eldar are screwed cos they need powers to survive, and i won't be using them....
    I think the Eldar will still keep their own codex 'lore'. The Eldar wouldn't be using all of the same practiced arts as the Imperium, I think we'll get to keep Guide, Doom etc.

Occuli Imperator

I think the current thinking is that it would be like the winds of magic, so eldar would have their own lore, but the choice of what spells was available to the farseer would be randomised.
    A little like the 2nd ed mechanic where you drew cards for your powers

which for the way eldar are now would be a horribly bad thing ...

Occuli Imperator

Though with only rumour mongering we are only able to see how these tid-bits fit into a 5th ed situation, in the whole 6th ed it might work really well

You realise that we only have like 30 days to wait? I am okay with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    You realise that we only have like 30 days to wait? I am okay with this.
    I just hope 6th edition is the panacea for Sisters as the army doesn't work to well under the current rules set. It works, but its frankly sub-par compared to most 5th edition armies. I'm just not sure how the rules will elevate them to a more competitive edge without buffing other armies similarly.

I wish that they'd just effin' get plastic figures! I would make a Sisters army if they were plastic.
    Roll on Codex: Sisters of Battle.

I get the distinct feeling that they may get 'Squat'ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    I wish that they'd just effin' get plastic figures! I would make a Sisters army if they were plastic.
    Roll on Codex: Sisters of Battle.

I get the distinct feeling that they may get 'Squat'ed.
    I highly doubt that, but GW will continue foisting those ancient metal figures on us which have been around since 2nd edition. Seriously though the lack of plstic figures is probbaly one of the largest impediments to the sales of Sisters of Battle at this point. No one wants to drop 800+ dollars on building a 1500 point army.

Page 19 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast