BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 21 of 59 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Been seeing a lot of unsubstantiated rumours on changes...like FNP only being a 5+ now (well that'll just screw every DE player back into not using the army)

Jump Infantry are I10 when they assault? (So continues the stealing unique Xenos abilities and giving them to marines- in this case Banshees)

Not % based

Rapid Fire Weapons at full distance, even if you moved

Vehicles are WS0 if stationary, and WS1 if they moved (wooo...hitting flat out vehicles on a 3+)

ID changed to being extra wounds per wound, not just killed...

Oh and Physic powers being "cast" like they are in Fantasy. I don't play Fantasy cos i dislike the way magic works. if that rolls into 40k...i'm going to start looking for a new system to play for the next 5 years until a new rule book..

These are coming from here btw [url]http://www.imperiusdominatus.com/2012/06/news-40k-6th-massive-rumour-roundup.html[/url]

Well....6th edition sounds like an absolute marine butt ****ing pile of wank so far....turns out FW can do a Horus Heresy Series cos everyone will be playing marines vs marines anyway and so they don't need to worry about messing with the xenos people anymore
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Pretty sure it's supposed to be WS10, not WS1.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

I wouldn't get too worried, the really reliable rumourmongers aren't talking about rules much and from past experience 75% of new edition rules turn out to be fake.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Indeed. 8th Ed Fantasy had a great many suprises up it's sleeves.

Some rumours were accurate (percentages) but 'step up' was either highly confused, or way out, and if memory serves, Horde and Steadfast weren't mentioned at all until the rules came out.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Pretty sure it's supposed to be WS10, not WS1.

Aw.... I dislike seeing Rhinos Drive threw hoards of Orks/nids to bunch them up into groups for blasts and laugh as you can only hit them on 6's. That and even if you killed the rhino but some stroke of luck they just laugh are your other Rapid Fired or Assaulted the next turn to try and mop the unit up.

Tanks and especially transports should really want to avoid getting into CC with formations of infantry, not just shrug their shoulder like they do now.
    =/

WS1 would of realy made people think twice about just blindly tank shocking their rhinos full of dudes into people.

Atleast WS10 still means I now at least hit on 5's instead of 6's. It's not as big a nerf as I would of liked to see, but at least it's some kind of nerf.

Thow on the flip side that also means that drive up 6", thank shocking you into a group and hitting you with a flamer just got alot better thow... Since Now I only hit you back on 5's instead of 6's.

Not a prospect I enjoy to much.
    =/

Note: I'm a Ork and CSM player. So I play on both sides of the "Tank shock guys into groups for blasts and flamers." Even when playing as CSM I feel that ability is to "safe" for what you can do with it...
    Last edited by Lockark; 06-12-2012 at 12:44 PM.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Apparently, it IS WS1, not WS10. So says the author of the rumour.

Chapter-Master

I've never heard this particular guy's name before, and while there's a lot of similarities there's also a lot of little conflicts between all these new sources.

Assume the stuff that gets repeated is ballpark, such as vehicles having WS values now, but I would ignore any and all references to specific stats until you get the actual book in hand. There are too many conflicts, too many chances for typos, and too much human error to get hung up over something too specific.

Besides, only hitting vehicles on a 6 makes sense. Have you ever tried to punch a car as it drove by? And besides, currently WS10 would make orks hit on a 5+, not a 6. People tend to severely underestimate how much such a little change can take effect. The only difference between 4th and 5th ed cover was TLOS, buffing to a 4+, and vehicles getting cover saves, but because there were some other changes such as a tougher vehicle damage chart and cheaper vehicles, suddenly those "minor" tweaks made cover and vehicles too potent.
    Last edited by DarkLink; 06-12-2012 at 09:31 PM.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Fly Lord

Latest from Warseer: (Whitehat and Darnok)

Random Charges are 2D6 pick the highest (unless going through Difficult Terrain where its 3D6 and you drop the highest.) Move through cover I believe adds an extra D6

Vehicles are WS0 if stationary, and WS1 if they move, no matter how far they go.

Vehicles go the same distance in the movement phase (I believe 6" and fire everything regardless if fast or not) but in the shooting phase can make an extra move (apparently some kept forgetting what vehicles moved to fast to fire...

Vehicles cannot contest (unsure if scoring units in transports can

6 Missions and 3 deployment types (2 of the deployments are the same as current, Spearhead & Pitched Battle.)

Troops are the only ones that can score (including of course 'scoring units')

5+ Cover save for most things (ruins are 4+).

Allies rules are in, but its meant to be for team games (ie separate force org chart, distrusted ally rules similar to Fantasy)

Percentages are *not* in

Wound Allocation is closest to furthest.

Dueling is similar to challenges in fantasy but contrary to earlier rumors, they don't replace Combat res, just add to sides. A IC can challenge another IC in the same combat even if not in base to base. If the defending IC refuses, he simply cannot attack that turn, if he does he counts as being in b2b and no one else can hurt him apart from the attacking IC. I'm guessing this is to offset the Wound Allocation rules

Preferred Enemy is including shooting and you may reroll wound rolls of a 1 (either shooting or combat)

Rapid Fire weapons may now can shoot at long range while moving. restriction on assaulting after rapid firing remains.

Jump Infantry get a free strike at I10 when they charge into combat

Psychic Power Decks using a dice system similar to Fantasy.

Flyers are in.

FNP drops to 5+ Save.
    AP are on ccw but he says power weapons are ap 2, not 3.
    When you charge it's double your move, infantry move 6, bikes 8 cav 7 etc.
    It's move assault then shooting now!
    Fnp is 5+. Master crafted ccw give you a 5+ invuln save
    When you shoot you roll to hit depending on the speed of your target. Fast vehicles you always need a 6.
    A unit can't claim a object while inside a vehicle.
    There's new kinds of instance death. If your say strengh 8 vs a space marine captain toughness 4
    you only do 2 wounds! Strengh (9?) or more would do 3 wounds & kill him.
    In kill point missions you get kill points based on what the units points cost, so for example a
    landraider would be worth 5 kill points & a unit of marines 3pts.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Librarian

Assuming all that is true, which I won't until I'm holding the book in my hand, all i can say is...

"This ain't your daddy's 40K"

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Jump Infantry get a free strike at I10 when they charge into combat
    Hellooo Triarch Praetorians.
    Also whipcoils would be a lot less appealing for Wraiths this way.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Page 21 of 59 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast