BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 49 of 59 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

I believe transports destroyed in zoom mode lose all their passengers but I'm not sure. Might be that they take a S10 hit, but then that may have been if a flyer crashes into them.

I'm thinking the voidraven void mine will be more useful. Zoom over some enemy, drop the mine, pivot and shoot the place up next turn.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Default coyote81

[
    Quote Originally Posted by isotope99 View Post
    If they're forced into reserves that will limit their effectiveness (compensation for benefits)
    Agree no post move pivot will also limit the number of effective shots that can be inflicted by 45 degree hull weapons.

Presumably current transports (except night scythe) will not be flyers (only those with supersonic) or if destroyed in zoom mode will lose all passengers. Otherwise the storm raven just became incredible &vendetta also would be even better than before.
    I think you are presuming wrongly. Based on the teaser video. If you stop and look at the flyer rules, it's anything on the big oval flying base. So stormraven are indeed really good. Zoom 36" and shoot 5 weapons. Lets see: TL Assault Cannon+ TL Heavy Bolter + Hurricane bolters + all 4 Mindstrike Missles (assuming I can still shoot defensive) + psyammo + mystic + Psyflemen Dread(skys of grey?)= Some dead infantry/tanks.

Chapter-Master

Also transports are fliers. Both the Valk and Storm Raven are used as a transport in WD.

If they're destroyed the passengers take a S10 hit with no saves allowed

Thats from the WD battle report
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Hm Nightwings could become extremely useful as flyer hunters when you think about it. 4++ from titan holofields so able to withstand more Skyfire fire than most other flyers, fires on flyers using normal BS rather than eeding 6s to hit (Skyfire to all intents and purposes) and has BS4 unlike most Eldar bright lance platforms.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

5ht ed vehicle squadron rules + points =extra armour for free and ability to draw LOS through vehicles in unit
    - points = 50% chance of destruction as immobilise counts as wrecked.

By the looks of it, Vehicle Squadrons may still suck.

WD pg 62 - " Vehicle squadrons sacrifice some of the flexibility of taking individual vehicles in exchange for increased resilience and line of sight."

How about letting us shoots at different targets with different vehicles, hey a leadership test to do it at races base LD and i might start taking them.

That turned into a bit of a rant didnt it.
    My son, ask for thyself another Kingdom, for that which I leave is too small for thee.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    So, flyers are rather great, though they can't pivot after moving so lining up shots will be more of a challenge.
    I'm actually ridiculously happy that I magnetized the hurricane bolters on the storm raven now.

The SR is going to be an offensive beast if vehicles can shoot at different targets now.

I'm really hoping Aerial Assault and Supersonic get some tweaks, otherwise it seems DE vehicles are going to have paid extra for shiny toys all flyers now basically come with.

[URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=&categoryId=&section=&pIndex=0&a Id=22400024a&start=1&multiPageMode=true"]Who can ally with who from GW website[/URL]

Wow, this is from the GW website and quite interesting...
    http://the-deathwing.blogspot.co.uk/
    Have a look at my Dark Angels blog!

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    [URL="http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=&categoryId=&section=&pIndex=0&a Id=22400024a&start=1&multiPageMode=true"]Who can ally with who from GW website[/URL]

Cool find, but the links for each of the armies don't seem to work on GW's site right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post

Must be wrong or in construction there are many cursed alliances on there. I expect to be an optional rule (and of course banned in tournaments), because allies can be the end of 40k. Seriously the kind of unbanlance and heresy born on that sistem will have no precedent.
    Last edited by Montserrat; 06-23-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Page 49 of 59 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast