BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    What's ironic is that Russia doesn't actually have that big of a population compared to the US. We actually outnumber them three to one. And western militaries in general have a very good track record in modern times for inflicting greater casualties on opponents even when outnumbered. The math just doesn't add up here.
    I was referring to way back in the 17th and 18th centuries when Russia's population was indeed the largest in all of Europe and that tactic was quite common.

The USA actually only outnumbers Russia 2 to 1 (313 million vs. 143 million).

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by gendoikari87 View Post
    Okay i'll say this about jeske and leave it alone..

But making fun of the troll is fun
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    But making fun of the troll is fun
    It always is. But still if you feed them they multiply.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by gendoikari87 View Post
    It always is. But still if you feed them they multiply.
    i thought that was if you got them wet?

Oh and

Every post in this thread by the Jeske
    Hahahahahahahaha...

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oavMtUWDBTM&feature=related[/url]
    Last edited by Morgan Darkstar; 05-13-2012 at 04:49 PM.
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

I had a friend whose small business went broke because a company in China started copying her products. They were inferior quality, but cheaper, so people

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    This just proves how utterly stupid and uninformed what you are saying is. Firstly, why would you want to nuke Europe, what would you possibly gain from it? Secondly, in what possible sense does China 'win' after you have glassed half the planet? Assuming they can survive the ensuing nuclear winter, they are looking at a good chunk of their country being covered in the fallout from Russia getting nuked in retaliation. Taking pride in the ability to annihilate most of the world's population is the worst sort of moronic internet behaviour and shows you in a very poor light.
    what would you mean gain from it .it would be a pre emptive strike . do you see me or any Russian say that people in the west or in the western zone of influence should live like we do ? no .[even if the way you live is a bit stupid , but that only helps us] . Now let us look on the other side . What the hell is US doing in our zones. Central Europe , trying to infiltrate asia , building bases in kaukazus[thats as If started building military instalations in kuba or mexico] . Why do you try to force us to live in a way that doesnt suit us [by that I mean people] or goverment or the res of the population ? to make us weak of course . But sadly for you that doesnt work . And it is double that for China , they have a wise goverment and a strong one .

as to why china wins . Well isnt it simple to see . If US and Russia start a nuklear conflict that the third wave of nukes would be Chinas hiting what is left of Russia and US . And as their population is higher the chance to survive with more people is also higher for them . meaning it is a win for them [a short term one because of the fallout , but a win is a win] . I dont understand why taking pride in one countries power is moronic. Specialy as other posters claim how good the US forces are . Of course being able to destroy others and not fear any counter [or at least an effective one] would be awesome . but US had that option and wasted it . Not our foult that your goverment was weak at that time.

Feel free to nuke Europe, I'm sure you'll love that decision when the radiation blows into Moscow.
    winds from western europe dont go that far and they would never go past Ural . + doesnt realy matter as US would anihilate everything in the euro Russian zone.

That sounds an awful lot like what the Eskimos do. They send their old and sick out to sea on small icebergs to die of exposure.
    interesting. We dont do such stuff , it would be not civilised . We either make her bring potatos or give her money to buy spiritus .

What's ironic is that Russia doesn't actually have that big of a population compared to the US. We actually outnumber them three to one. And western militaries in general have a very good track record in modern times for inflicting greater casualties on opponents even when outnumbered. The math just doesn't add up here.
    check poles how many russians dislike/hate western countries and how they generaly feel about the US and UK [specialy UK] , then check the poles about how many russians are willing to go to war right now . then check the same poles for western countries . How many people in the UK,Germany , France or US are willing to go to war. How many people end military schools . How many people live in a socitaty where действие[hard to translate in to english . lets just say a military type of ranking in sociaty that exists outside of the actual military and not just in other forces like militia , firefighters etc] . I asure you that there are more Russians ready for war then there are people in western countries .

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by the jeske View Post
    I asure you that there are more Russians ready for war then there are people in western countries .
    I think you underestimated the number of heavily armed yahoos in the United States that would be more than willing to put a few slugs in a commie or four.

Clearly you've not heard of Texas.

www.queencityguard.com

Iron Father

I don't think the Russians, Polish or any eastern Europeans hate us Brits that much, if they do they have a funny way of showing it considering how many have moved here in the past 5 years. I have a few polish mates and we all get on fine.
    Stereotypes don't sit well with me and your WW3 analogy even worse, it's not the 80s anymore buddy. Hypothesis all you like but it's never going to happen. Russia couldn't afford a big war and it's too busy selling gas to Europe anyway.

And if you want to stick to stereo types then I suggest that most Russians are too blind from drinking cheap vodka to aim a gun properly.

A bit silly Jeske don't you think ?
    Last edited by Deadlift; 05-15-2012 at 07:51 AM.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    I don't think the Russians, Polish or any eastern Europeans hate us Brits that much, if they do they have a funny way of showing it considering how many have moved here in the past 5 years. I have a few polish mates and we all get on fine.
    Stereotypes don't sit well with me and your WW3 analogy even worse, it's not the 80s anymore buddy. Hypothesis all you like but it's never going to happen. Russia couldn't afford a big war and it's too busy selling gas to Europe anyway.

And if you want to stick to stereo types then I suggest that most Russians are too blind from drinking cheap vodka to aim a gun properly.

A bit silly Jeske don't you think ?
    to be fair america can't afford a big war either or even a small one right now and we're still waging them.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by the jeske View Post
    what would you mean gain from it .it would be a pre emptive strike . do you see me or any Russian say that people in the west or in the western zone of influence should live like we do ? no .[even if the way you live is a bit stupid , but that only helps us] . Now let us look on the other side . What the hell is US doing in our zones. Central Europe , trying to infiltrate asia , building bases in kaukazus[thats as If started building military instalations in kuba or mexico] . Why do you try to force us to live in a way that doesnt suit us [by that I mean people] or goverment or the res of the population ? to make us weak of course . But sadly for you that doesnt work . And it is double that for China , they have a wise goverment and a strong one .

as to why china wins . Well isnt it simple to see . If US and Russia start a nuklear conflict that the third wave of nukes would be Chinas hiting what is left of Russia and US . And as their population is higher the chance to survive with more people is also higher for them . meaning it is a win for them [a short term one because of the fallout , but a win is a win] . I dont understand why taking pride in one countries power is moronic. Specialy as other posters claim how good the US forces are . Of course being able to destroy others and not fear any counter [or at least an effective one] would be awesome . but US had that option and wasted it . Not our foult that your goverment was weak at that time.
    Firstly, I'm fairly sure that my profile clearly says I live in the UK ( short for United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland). Last I checked we were still a soverign nation and not a US colony, despite our 'special relationship'.
    Secondly, how would nuking Europe be a pre-emptive strike against America? I'm pretty sure the French would be nuking you back before your missiles hit and ours are wandering around on submarines so we could retaliate with impunity. America doesn't need to do anything, Britain and France have more than enough missiles to flatten every major population zone in Russia.
    Thirdly, why would China want to launch nuclear missiles against either the US or Russia? Far better to let them destroy each other than risk getting involved.
    Fourthly, I didn't say taking pride in your country's power is moronic, I said that bragging about the ability to usher in a global apocalypse is moronic.
    And lastly, whilst we are on the subject of telling other people how to live, how about you stop sending spies to infiltrate other's peoples socities or murdering your dissidents on our soil and then resfusing to hand over those responsible? Respecting another countries autonomy and laws works both ways.

Gendoikari is right, I think it is time to stop feeding the troll.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast