BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Exclamation GW IPhammer reaches China?

Just to say that a certain chinese company that makes copied miniatures for our hobby has its website down...

Has GW gotten the best of them??

cheers

Banned

You severely underestimate the protection of the Red Curtain. Consider it a 2++ with WBB.

The site has only changed names. Relatively big news on some less salubrious discussion forums.
    Last edited by Rapture; 04-28-2012 at 06:34 PM.

Brother-Sergeant

They immediately set up shop again under a different domain name, presumably with a different hosting service too.

What is the new site? Their stuff is amazing

Quote Originally Posted by billytwix View Post
    Srsly? it's one thing to defend chapterhouse, it's something from another book entirely to support this gob****e of a company.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by billytwix View Post
    really.............. theres a diffrence between not supporting GW and Supporting a company that wants to take down GW (by directly stealing revenue)*

if we all thought that way GW wouldnt exist, and even if you dislike the prices theres not way you can understate what GW has done for the hobby

-fuzz
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

To be fair though, and I admit to having used them for a few test items AND for some out of production Rackham stuff, the stuff I got from them that was Forgeworld was actually better than any FW stuff I'd ever ordered - the company had taken the time to fix all the forgeworld mistakes and then recast the items properly.

But I don't feel in the least bad about buying the old Rackham stuff that's been OOP for a while.

Chapter-Master

What FW mistakes? I've nevr had the slgihtest defect from anything from FW.

Sure they can warp, but thats a sign of durable resin. If this knockoff stuff doesn't warp then its far more brittle, and less survivable.

This company obviously have either ades casts of off FW pieces or (less likely) made them themselves

China is notoriious in its protection of people ripping off the west. Last year they rejected a Cease and Desist order from Apple to the guys making "iPads" out there that were not even close. Cars, electronics, clothes...its always pretty bad.

In the nicest possible way China is f***ed up country. When the government falls there (it will eventually...they're a communist dictatorship with a secret police that wants to be a Capitalist country, with the largest population inthe world) the world will be a better place. In the mean time we should stop importing chinese stuff

As for this company...its disgusting. CHS (I may not like) but they don't take money away from GW. These guys clearly do
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Everything I've gotten directly from FW has had horrible mold alignment problems and often has massive short-shots in it (you should have seen my poor Bloodthirster fresh out of the bags), but the nurgly dread and slaughterer daemon I got from China didn't.

My Venators have had large chunks that just didn't cast (massive air bubbles) and alignment problems, same with my Chappy dread. They do great concept work, but I find their quality control to be lacking.

I'm by no means defending the chinese company, but since GW sodomizes us in Australia, to hell with them - I don't buy things from China from companies that are nicer to us, like PP or FoW.

But the fact remains you are giving money to criminals, and while it is ridiculous what GW charges in Australia these sorts of groups don't just rip off 'bad' companies. I had a friend whose small business went broke because a company in China started copying her products. They were inferior quality, but cheaper, so people bought them. Result, one less business paying tax and eight people out of work. Support one and you might as well support them all, it is still morally bankrupt.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast