BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    ohh personal attacks, I like it, got style kid But I couldn't dare less what you say.

I will however point out that your confusing GW corporate, you know those guys who actually make money being un-ethical, and GW customer relations.

Nothing they do is Immoral, really? That statement right there proves that you mate have never been exposed to a corporate environment. and as for me, I'd say discriminating against people based on geographical location is pretty Immoral. Would it be ok if GW charged double to people based on their colour or religion? How is geography any different?

sorry just a side track, how is eating meat, a core part of our diet and survival, Immoral? Of course if your talking about cannibalism I completely retract that statement.
    wasn't a person attack, it was a statement, you don't respect GW, why should they respect you?

They charge double to austrailians because everything costs double in australia, because the living wage is double. Its not the issue people try and make it. The hobby is expensive, people will try and justify theie complaints about not being able to afford a thing they want, Australians, who get paid twice as much, choose to complain about having to pay twice as much because they can't buy all the space barbies that they want.

Quote Originally Posted by the jeske View Post
    but you do understand that the old sob dex was more viable then the WD one and both Tau and eldar are doing better then SoB WD dex . same with BT gunlines

no but the fact that the models sell bad . they have a low number of people playing them at all events [a top tournament player would think this way . Nids viable. people meta SW and GK and IG . wont be ready to face nids . Ill pick nids because of their different game play and suprise effect against opponents who may not test their armies against nids . thing is nothing like that happens] . + the fact that it took them what a year and a half to re FAQ shadow to work on psykers in transports is just one of those small things that make me sure that they do not care about their buyers and that codex viability is just random .

I like how you didnt mention chaos , because you know very well that what they did to the chaos players was more then showing disrespect. It was like making all BA/DA/BT/SW play ultramarines with just one build possible.
    Tyranids don't sell badly, they do well, they don't often appear at the top tables of tournaments, but that is a tiny, tiny slice of players. The vast majority of people play or buy models for the army they think looks coolest, or they like the fluff of, not the one that gives them a competitive

Quote Originally Posted by Captainparty View Post
    wasn't a person attack, it was a statement, you don't respect GW, why should they respect you?

They charge double to austrailians because everything costs double in australia, because the living wage is double. Its not the issue people try and make it. The hobby is expensive, people will try and justify theie complaints about not being able to afford a thing they want, Australians, who get paid twice as much, choose to complain about having to pay twice as much because they can't buy all the space barbies that they want.
    ........ Flaw in your thinking, if they get paid twice as much and everything costs twice as much, they aren't paid twice as much their currency simply has a different exchange rate.

also, STOP WITH THE THINKING THAT GW RESPECTS ANY OF YOU OR DOES ANYTHING MORAL, IT IS A CORPORATION IT HAS NO SENSE OF RIGHT OR WRONG OR RESPECT, IT IS NOT A LIVING BEING!
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Captainparty View Post

They charge double to austrailians because everything costs double in australia, because the living wage is double.
    You know that's BULL right? they and most other business charge double or more in Australia because when they started seeing us as a worthwhile market 15-20 years ago that's what the exchange rate accounted for. since then the value of the Australian dollar has increase while wages have remained reasonably constant. mean while the cost of living is actually increasing and companies are still operating on exchange rates more than a decade out of date. They largely get away with this due to a quirck in our importation laws.

Of course the other side is that Australians now have access to international markets on a personal level and as such companies are having to respect the Australian market on an international stage. GW however decide that a Trade embargo against the southern hemisphere was the "ethical", "moral" and appropriate action to take. as such their sales in Australia are down approximately 20% between 2010 and 2011 and I cannot wait to see them drop even further in the upcoming financial report.

EDIT: basically ^ what he said.

I feel I should add a final word of advice, do not look at GW's half yearly profit and reach the conclusion that the company is currently financially healthy, it will be interesting to see the reactions of investors when they read the yearly financial report and get a good look at the actual sales data.
    Last edited by daboarder; 04-30-2012 at 07:01 AM.

Chapter-Master

And yet you're buying from this company? Do they respect you? Are they moral? Even if GW isn't "moral" aren't they still better than this company?

This is a side note - They're honouring the Titanic (built in Belfast, Ireland) by building Titanic II...in a state owned chinese company...

[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17890754[/url]
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    And yet you're buying from this company? Do they respect you? Are they moral? Even if GW isn't "moral" aren't they still better than this company?

This is a side note - They're honouring the Titanic (built in Belfast, Ireland) by building Titanic II...in a state owned chinese company...

[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17890754[/url]
    Your not listening, none of them are moral, even if they appear to be it's only because doing so is profitable. It's like saying the rock that hit your house is less moral than the one up on the hill.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Chapter-Master

But the rock up the hill doesn't decide to get up by itself and jump through your window. Someone has to throw it

And the person who throws it through your window is less moral than the one who leaves it where it is.

A company may not be a living entity, but its run by people. And its THEIR moral choices that affect you
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

This conversation has lost its bearings.

It doesn't matter what GWs actions are, or how they are as a company. They made these things, and they sell them,thats wrong. There are no two ways about that.

If you disagree with this basic fact, that you should own the rights to a physical thing you design and create, and be free to do with that as you wish, then you're an idiot.

Many of you choose to daemonise GW because you can't afford their products in the quanitity you'd like. This isn't thier fault, its yours and is entirely in your control. You can either choose not to want thier products or aquire more wealth, you are free to do that.

Battle-Brother

On the subject of intellectual property rights and moral high ground, I'd recommend folks remember to think beyond their own respective cultures. It seems the vast majority of the people posting are from some form of western cultural position. Collectivism is quite prevalent in eastern and middle eastern cultures. Confucianism actually advocates that the monopolization of an idea is immoral and abhorrent, for example. Calling the belief systems of another people backwards or worse is a rather nasty slippery slope with plenty of history to show where the end of that very tragic and unfortunate path leads. Demonizing those who disagree with you or hold different belief systems than you will not win them or others over to your train of thought, quite the opposite actually.

Just some food for thought.

Chapter-Master

Wow, go to work for a day and the thread just runs away with itself. Far too many silly points to deal with so, I'll just settle for dittoing everything Eldargal said.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyguy View Post
    On the subject of intellectual property rights and moral high ground, I'd recommend folks remember to think beyond their own respective cultures. It seems the vast majority of the people posting are from some form of western cultural position. Collectivism is quite prevalent in eastern and middle eastern cultures. Confucianism actually advocates that the monopolization of an idea is immoral and abhorrent, for example. Calling the belief systems of another people backwards or worse is a rather nasty slippery slope with plenty of history to show where the end of that very tragic and unfortunate path leads. Demonizing those who disagree with you or hold different belief systems than you will not win them or others over to your train of thought, quite the opposite actually.

Just some food for thought.
    I will deal with this last one though. I'll admit I don't know much about Eastern philosophy but I'm going to go out on limb and suggest that Confucianism probaby doesn't advocate nicking other people's stuff and selling it for a profit yourself. Beacuse that is what we are talking about, not monoplisation of ideas. Lets not forget that this is theft of other peoples' stuff by people who have no interest in furthering the hobby.

I find it staggering that there are so many people who unable/unwilling to see that by supporting pirates, they are damaging the hobby. Beacuse the pirates aren't doing this in some misguided quest for 'justice' because GW charges Australians too much. They are doing it beacuse GW are the biggest fish and therefore more people will buy their stuff. If the likes of PP or Reaper or any other of the 'non-evil' companies suddenly starts selling by the bucket load, the pirates will target them too and take them for everything they can until all the original model makers are put out of business and the hobby we love will be dead. Or, people could just buy legit models and the pirates will go and pick another industry to ruin.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast