BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Wait a second. The music industry is loosing money? You do know most of the artists unless you are a big name hardly get any money from these music sales. Yes they might get a small % but basically the artist makes pennies compared to the producers or corporations are making the millions.

To be signed to a label you are basically selling your soul since you do not own your work. But that is here nor there.

How come Chatper House is getting away from this? Are they not taking money away GW? So how come it's ok for them to do it and not this Chinesee company I never even herd of before.

How come people are acting all high and might all of a sudden? Haven't we all downloaded something? So that would mean we are all hiporcits here. We all have "stold" in some manner and to call someone out on it, seems so childish here. I expected this on Warseer not here on BoLS.
    What is the most important rule? That we should do whatever the hell we want, but preferably in the best interests of Games workshop when possible? :P Ill go with that

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post
    Wait a second. The music industry is loosing money? You do know most of the artists unless you are a big name hardly get any money from these music sales. Yes they might get a small % but basically the artist makes pennies compared to the producers or corporations are making the millions.
    The recording industry subsidizes all the failures and botched one hit wonders by milking the successful artists, who comprise a very tiny percentage of the total number of artists.

To be signed to a label you are basically selling your soul since you do not own your work. But that is here nor there.
    That's the conundrum. Do you want to be a star, with your name in lights and throngs of fans or do you want to own your own work and play at local birthday parties? Having standards and values often means you loose out on what the Devil has to offer.

How come Chatper House is getting away from this? Are they not taking money away GW? So how come it's ok for them to do it and not this Chinesee company I never even herd of before.
    Chapterhouse sells additional pieces to help flesh out your army. its one thing to create a new shoulder pad or weapon, quite another to create an Ork Boy or a Tyranid Termagant.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    That was exactly the point is was making, that there is no reliable data for the strength of the player base.

Which is why I said employees - the people who actually make the stuff you are stealing. As a business, yes money is money, but go ask a designer/artist etc what they think of you nicking their stuff.

In theory yes, though you need more than just cheap prices to attract customers. A good product is always helpful.

And again I point out that I am not arguing that GW could and perhaps should, address their prices. What I am arguing about is you using prices as a justification for piracy. Dress it up any way you like to make yourself feel better, bottome line is you are stealing from people and supporting a practice that damages the hobby.
    I'm not using as a justification, I don't need a justification. just pointing out what WILL happen, not justifying it and saying it should.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

You know its funny, people are often quick to remind people that GW is a company and exists solely to make money, but then when someone discusses telling them to get effed and looks elsewhere then it becomes "disloyalty" form a customer.

Heres some news, free market enterprise works in all sorts of ways, if you do not provide your goods at a reasonable rate then people will look anywhere else.

lets get something clear, IT IS NOT ILLEGAL TO BUY FROM THE CHINESE. and given the attitude of modern business ie: make money irregardless, it is not immoral either.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    But the fact remains you are giving money to criminals, and while it is ridiculous what GW charges in Australia these sorts of groups don't just rip off 'bad' companies. I had a friend whose small business went broke because a company in China started copying her products. They were inferior quality, but cheaper, so people bought them. Result, one less business paying tax and eight people out of work. Support one and you might as well support them all, it is still morally bankrupt.
    I don't agree with EG on pretty much anything - but she's spot on in this regard.

If you mention that you've bought your toys from that chinese knock-off company, especially in an LGS, I'll pack my minis up and play someone else.

But the fact remains you are giving money to criminals, and while it is ridiculous what GW charges in Australia these sorts of groups don't just rip off 'bad' companies. I had a friend whose small business went broke because a company in China started copying her products. They were inferior quality, but cheaper, so people bought them. Result, one less business paying tax and eight people out of work. Support one and you might as well support them all, it is still morally bankrupt.
    wait . so she knew that they were making copies . And she didnt ask her protectors to deal with it , nor pay them to stop or share the money ? This means that she either never did buissness in the east , or those were not criminals but a fully legal firm . If someone isnt strong enough to trade/make stuff without it being stolen then he should be trading or making stuff , or at least get good protectors it doesnt cost that much when your succesful.
    Also what does moraly bankrupt mean ? morals arepre determinated , they cant be sold or traded , so you cant go bankrupt by having or not having them.

as doing copies goes. The hobby as a whole would not exist in eastern europe at all , if it wasnt for people who were molding and selling models . I remember back in the 90s the first thing people would do with fresh boxs from UK , is to open them go to the back of the shop and make yourself and army of those . Whole markets exist because gamer communities started up like that .

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I don't agree with EG on pretty much anything - but she's spot on in this regard.

If you mention that you've bought your toys from that chinese knock-off company, especially in an LGS, I'll pack my minis up and play someone else.
    How would you even tell if they don't tell you though?

Heres some news, free market enterprise works in all sorts of ways, if you do not provide your goods at a reasonable rate then people will look anywhere else.

lets get something clear, IT IS NOT ILLEGAL TO BUY FROM THE CHINESE. and given the attitude of modern business ie: make money irregardless, it is not immoral either.
    This, and china protects it's own, and china ain't goin no where. So argue all you guys like about what's moral and what's not, the reality is that the Chinese knock offs exist, and you have to compete with them.
    "But I tell you, we were gods once, and we shall be gods again". - In defense of the future: a Logical Discourse.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by gendoikari87 View Post
    How would you even tell if they don't tell you though?

This, and china protects it's own, and china ain't goin no where. So argue all you guys like about what's moral and what's not, the reality is that the Chinese knock offs exist, and you have to compete with them.
    Game. Set. Match. -claps-

They exist but they are still illegal, They are propped up by a deficit government which will fall in the next 2 decades if not sooner, and buy form them is immoral.

That is Game set match when you lose you job to a Chinese knock off or when a chinese prisoner starts doing your job (yes Chinese use Prison labor)

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by TheBitzBarn View Post
    They exist but they are still illegal, They are propped up by a deficit government which will fall in the next 2 decades if not sooner, and buy form them is immoral.

That is Game set match when you lose you job to a Chinese knock off or when a chinese prisoner starts doing your job (yes Chinese use Prison labor)
    Illegal where? in China? nope they are legally allowed to do that if they acknowledge that the parts are a copy?

immoral? Whose morality? GW's? Modern Business ethics? ethics in business are not a one way street despite what many companies would like you to think.

China falling in 20 years FROM AN AMERICAN HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hows that health care going.

Hows that 15 trillion going? Deficit you self righteous hypocritical brainwashed hacks wouldn't understand the meaning of the word.

[url]http://www.usdebtclock.org/world-debt-clock.html[/url]

as for prison labour....DUH so does the US mate.
    Last edited by daboarder; 04-29-2012 at 09:14 PM.

Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast