BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Worst deployments you've ever seen

This thought just came to mind after playing a game this morning. I had someone block up their scarabs in a perfect 2x4 block next to a great piece of cover knowing full well I was playing a mordrak list with a warp rift libby.

Came in turn 1 with no scatter, templated all 8 of them off of the board. Tears wept, etc.

What are some examples of some deployment you've either seen or done that just makes you go... seriously?

Librarian

Worst I ever did was intentional ly deep strike adread within charge range of a big unit of wraithguard, the first time I ever played against them, in an ardboyz game. Much chuckling was had around the room.

Chapter-Master

Dunno if it counts....but I once saw a game between 2 Identical (literally point for point) Necron lists in Spearhead.

They both knew that if they moved forward, they'd still be out of range, but then the opponent could move forward and be in range.

So neither of them did anything. For 7 turns. They just sat in Opposite corners and didn't move....
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

I've never seen anything catastrophically stupid, but playing with outflanking stealers and broodlord is always fun. I've seen opponents cram themselves into the middle of the board to avoid them, I've seen people sticking their best units right out the flanks to combat it and I've seen people spilt their armies in half and leave a big gap in the centre to try to save half their army. All failed quite badly.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Once saw someone play a fluffy White scars army and kept everything in reserve. (So, all bikes and all, He had no droppods).

Then the other player, playing Tau, deployed a massive infiltrating army of Kroot along the board edge all round, and kept them there for the remainder of the game.

Clearly, no points scored and a draw... but it was funny to see though

Wasn't that from ETC last year and the guy scored a win since units that can't be deployed counts as destroyed.

Battle-Brother

Yes it happened at ETC also, epic first turn win

Quote Originally Posted by miksaa View Post
    Yes it happened at ETC also, epic first turn win
    Sounds like a real heart-stopper of a game. Close to the very end. Smart generalship or dick move?

You decide.
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

Veteran-Sergeant

Smart, dickish generalship, in my view. =P

I've seen a Blood Angels player who just deployed Mephiston, leaving the rest of his army in reserve. By luck, more than judgement, his opponent managed to kill him in the first turn. After that the remainder of his army came in from reserve piecemeal and was destroyed without him getting a single kill point. He then got a rematch, Mephiston survived the first turn and he won, so I could see why he did it. Just very reliant on Mephy....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast