BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 1000 pt lists. how many troops?

Weird tourneys, quick games, and battle totals. How many troop choices would you bring? Objectives are random. I'm bringing 2 to a tourney. Have another list with four but doesnt pack a punch or have any tricks.

Veteran-Sergeant

Split the difference and take three Troops choices. Two might not be enough. Actually, can you describe what army and Troops choices you're planning on taking?

[url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=21627[/url]

Here is my list ideas. I play necron.

Librarian

The answer is 100% dependent on you're codex. If I played a serious tournament at 1k, EVERYTHING would be troops. And not just venom spam, they can field troops to fur any situation. Same with most marines. Tau might be different though, and probably eldar too.

Veteran-Sergeant

I'm with Chexmix282. At 1000pts it's best to cram as many Warriors into your list as you can. If you have enough of them, they can deal with armour very effectively on their own, without Eldritch Lance-toting Crypteks. =)

The list I'm trying out today is 4 warrior squads, attached by 2 eldritch lanceteks. Two overlords, and 8 scarabs. Aimple list. I shoot you.

Veteran-Sergeant

Nice! Good luck!

Well, i played two games, one doesn't count. The first one that doesn't count, because my opponent parked in a large fortified position for kill points. So I reserved everything, then 2 solar pulses. Game ends turn 5, kill points 0 - 0. Well that's how it would of went if it had counted. Instead, I came on my edge, walked to him, and he blasted the crap out of me, and I killed 2 marines. So after the game that didn't count, we played dawn of war 5 objectives. I put 3 near my edge, he put 2 near his. He did some great scout moves, but the game came to the middle 5th objective. He assaulted me with a tac squad, I survived then assaulted with scarabs, and got good warscythe rolls and won combat. But thats a 1000 pt game. One lost combat decides the game. but 4 troops worked good.

Chapter-Master

my 1000 point list has 12 marines in it:
    Librarian, Sanguinary Priest, 5 assault marines with pf/meltagun, and 5 assault marines w/pw, flamer.
    Then it is:
    Rhino
    Razorback
    furioso (w/flamer)
    baal w/hv bolters
    vindicator w/siege shield
    predator destructor with lascannons

So, I don't take very many troops.