BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default tired of waiting for things we KNOW are coming

Ya know, I feel like I am in a holding pattern when it comes to 40k. 6th Edition just need to get here.

Also i really am sick of how GW waits until the last minute to announce release dates or show anything. Privateer Press showed us the Colossals, which are coming out in the summer, in Feb! Come on, Games Workshop - how about entering the 21st century. It would be nice if we knew if something big was coming & when so we could save money up to give you.

-Jefferson

Then don't read rumour threads. Not to mention we don't KNOW anything, some of the rumourmongers might but we onl have their word for it. Until GW announces it officially, it isn't happening.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Yeah.....PP doesn't have a non-disclosure contract with one of the biggest film producers in the world right now...

Also we DON'T know things are coming yet. This time last year we had Tau rumours....we haven't got them yet!
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chaplain

I wonder if the non-disclosure is written in a way that makes GW act the way that they do, or if GW is being ultra-Conservative if how they are acting under it, to save on legal headaches?

The cryogenically freeze yourself until release date.

If you dont have the facility to do this, then you are just going to have to stop whining.

PP released images, but you still have to wait for them to be released.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by darklament View Post
    Ya know, I feel like I am in a holding pattern when it comes to 40k. 6th Edition just need to get here.

Also i really am sick of how GW waits until the last minute to announce release dates or show anything. Privateer Press showed us the Colossals, which are coming out in the summer, in Feb! Come on, Games Workshop - how about entering the 21st century. It would be nice if we knew if something big was coming & when so we could save money up to give you.

-Jefferson
    It takes time to conceptualize, create, and edit a product. Then it takes even MORE time to put it into production and get it to the stores. 6th Ed. will come when GW is ready to release it. Just be patient.
    There is one direction: FORWARD!

I'm really confused? You said you're "tired of waiting for things we KNOW are coming" and then said GW should adopt PP's approach.

These are contradictory statements.

PP fans are still waiting for Colossals that were announced months ago. Whereas as soon as GW announces something it comes really quickly. E.G. GW just announced some new Necron models - and they'll be here this coming weekend. So as soon as you know something is come it's a short wait with GW, but a really really really long wait with PP?
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Obviously a few of you do not understand what i am saying.

Other game companies ANNOUNCE what is coming down the road, so that fans can get excited about said releases. I don't mind waiting for something at all - it's cool to know that in a few months I will be going to my local game store & picking up something cool; something I am looking forward to.

GW doesn't give us this anticipation at all. "Hey 6th edition is coming out - in two weeks!" No time to look forward to, put money aside, decide on new army choices.

This is all my opinion of course - it seems other companies (tabletop & video) aren't afraid ot give their fans a like preview of what is to come. GW has always been so bloody secretive to the point of paranoia it seems.

So maybe i should have titled my post - "How about a little tease or too? Throw us a bone!"

They announce it months in advance, people make hasty judgements and by the time it is released no one gives a damn anymore. Take PP, I was quite interested in the Colossals when they were announced. Now I'm not. I probably won't buy one until something else re-ignited my enthusiasm.

Take GWs approach, they announce something new and shiny, pictures are 'accidentally' leaed a few days before the official announcement which itself builds hype. As aoon as GW announce it, I can pre-order it. A week later it will be here while hype and anticipation are going strong.

The idea that it takes more than week to get excited about something is an utterly bewildering statement as well. I also don't get the 'I need to save money up beforehand!'. Save up and buy it after? What difference does it make. GW want you to buy things now then find mroe money later, it makes sense of them and ultimately you are spending the sam amount of money.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Yeah.....PP doesn't have a non-disclosure contract with one of the biggest film producers in the world right now...
    All of this. Seriously.
    Borderline alcoholic and happy about it.
    Don't get your religion mixed with my Constitution. The mixture curdles.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast