BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I wouldn't mind reading a story about Orcs vs. Ogres, though obviously it would have to be written by a captured human slave or else we'd get a story dat readz lik dis an' dat.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Brakkart View Post
    The War of the Beard is getting the Time of Legends treatment in 2 trilogies (1 from the point of view of the Elves, the other from the POV of the Dwarves). The first book of the Dwarven Trilogy is out later this year and is called The Great Betrayal. The Amazon page for it is [URL="http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-War-Vengeance-Betrayal-Legends/dp/1849701911/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1335880275&sr=1-1"]here[/URL].

As for the Vampire Wars they have already been covered in depth in the Vampire Wars trilogy by Stephen Saville (availiable as an Anthology book). I really enjoyed it. The Amazon page for it is [URL="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vampire-Wars-Carstein-Trilogy-Warhammer/dp/1844165396/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1335880190&sr=8-2"]here[/URL].
    Look at that, I post a wishlist on the internet and two ofthem come true! Thanks for the heads up!

Have you read the Vampire trilogy, is it any good?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    Look at that, I post a wishlist on the internet and two of them come true! Thanks for the heads up!

Have you read the Vampire trilogy, is it any good?
    Heh sometimes wishes do come true!

Yeah I've read it and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was originally published as 3 novels, but the Anthology is a better buy as you get a couple short stories in there as well. The novels are each themed around one of the major Von Carsteins (Vlad, Konrad, Manfred) and there are some great supporting characters in there like the Witch Hunter who gets turned into a vamp and is one vicious piece of work! It doesn't skimp on the gruesome either and some scenes (like Konrad's idea of a banquet) are rather unpleasant. Definately worth a read.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Chapter-Master

Thanks, I'll check it out at some stage.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Something Beastmen-centric would be rather nice. I've not actually read any Black Library yet but the books I have seen so far seem to place the Beasts as minor characters. If anybody can point me to some books that DO feature Beasties I would be much obliged :-)

Big ol' thread-res but oh well, whilst we're here...

I'd wish they'd do more general 'historical' pieces. BL website has a rule for all applicants writings novels that the novels not be set in any other than the current period or heresy/time of legends periods. I am aware the full fledged writers get a bit more freedom of movement but the books are all still mainly set in contemporary or far-flung time periods. I'd love to see some intermediate moments. Being an elf fan I could mention the cleansing of Ulthuan by Tethlis the slayer or perhaps the travels of Prince Finubar before he became Phoenix king?

On another note my favourite period of fantasy-coverage in White Dwarf was following the career of Sigmar-reborn-in Valten. I'd like another book about him

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12