BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Nemessor Zahndrekh

Counter Tactics - Can Zahndrekh remove Furious Charge from Blood angels suffering the Red Thirst ?

I reckon he should be able to, despite the Angels gaining it as part of the red thirst rather than it being part of their "standard" abilities.

Chaplain

He can, but a follow up question to that is, if he takes it away, can they re-gain it from a nearby Sanguinary Priest?

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Angelofblades View Post
    He can, but a follow up question to that is, if he takes it away, can they re-gain it from a nearby Sanguinary Priest?
    I don't see why not.

Shame that you can't then steal it from the Priest.

I use Anrakyr myself, killing 2 Marines with a Stormbolter from their own Rhino is amusing, even if it is a waste of his talents. =)
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Nosmo75 View Post
    I don't see why not.
    Counter-Tactics: At the start of each of your turns in which Zahndrekh is on the battlefield, choose one enemy unit within his line of sight. That unit loses the following special rules (if it has them), and cannot gain them until the start of your next turn: Acute Senses, Counter-Attack, Furious Charge, Hit and Run, Night Vision, Stealth, and Tank Hunters."

So, in short, yes you can take away FC from units affected with the Red Thirst, and no they cannot gain it back even from a Sanguinary Priest.

Haha I used him for the first time last battle I played. 2500pts Necrons vs IG + Vulkan Marines. They ignored Anrakyr as they closed in on my big Immortal Squad. He jogged behind the LR and hit the perfectly lined up Assault Terminators with 2 Flame Cannons, Multi Melta, and TL Assault cannon. Did 2 wounds to Vulkan and killed 3 terminators....

As far as the original question(s), I dont see why not. takes FC away, they regain it from a priest next turn.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Demonus View Post
    Haha I used him for the first time last battle I played. 2500pts Necrons vs IG + Vulkan Marines. They ignored Anrakyr as they closed in on my big Immortal Squad. He jogged behind the LR and hit the perfectly lined up Assault Terminators with 2 Flame Cannons, Multi Melta, and TL Assault cannon. Did 2 wounds to Vulkan and killed 3 terminators....

As far as the original question(s), I dont see why not. takes FC away, they regain it from a priest next turn.
    The rule states "until your next turn," not "until the next [player] turn," so that's why. In this case, it specifies that the effects of Counter-Tactics starts at the beginning of the Necron player's turn and ends at the beginning of the Necron player's next turn.

Veteran-Sergeant

I agree with Kaika87 it clearly says and cannot gain them until the start of your next turn there is no way u can misinterpret the rule its says it point blank but of course there is always someone

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by keithsilva View Post
    I agree with Kaika87 it clearly says and cannot gain them until the start of your next turn there is no way u can misinterpret the rule its says it point blank but of course there is always someone
    [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=21435[/url]

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Tynskel View Post
    [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=21435[/url]
    Oh Tynskel you make me laugh.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast