BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

StormQuail. If fielded in an army with a vice president, it suffers a penetrating hit before the movement phase of turn 1.

Librarian

Let me just say, that for everyone that posted Storm(birdname) jokes.. I love you all. You made my day!

Secondly, the pictures that BoW posted seem pretty nice, all things considered. The Stormtalon looks like a true gunship instead of a flying refridgerator! We'll see how well that translates.

Also, I would not be sad to see 'Power of the Machine Spirit' go away. It's broken as is. "Oh yeah, let me just blaze my flier 24 to 36 inches across the board behind all your vehicles and twin-linked melta-gun everything. Or, let me just get in range of your vulnerable doods and shoot them with my twin-linked assault cannon. That's right, AND I get a 4+ (or 3+ for Grey Knights) cover save after that! Deal with it."

StormHornbill - Lands on top of rhinos and repairs paint damage.

Neat, so Marines latest toy might not be overpowered/underpriced? What are GW thinking.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Stormhummingbird - So quick that your enemy has trouble seeing it, 2+ Invun save from ANYTHING. Occasionally just stops and sucks on plants.

Stormangrybird - Comes in 6 colours. Only in use by the ANGRY MARINES, it dive bombs into Orks and has various detrimental effects dependant on colour.
    Last edited by Tzeentch's Dark Agent; 05-04-2012 at 03:18 AM. Reason: GRAMMAR FAIL
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chapter-Master

I actually like the look of the marine sketch. Looks familair (sure i've seen something very familiar in a movie somewhere) but it looks kinda hunched, over, insectoid predator. And like an actual gunship.

And as an Aerospace engineer....theres even a chance it might fly!

The rules arnn't that bad for its points. Its 30 points more than a Ravager, except its not open topped, it can accuratly deepstrike with other units, has 2 twinlinked weapons and is immune to melta (cos needing a 3 on 2D6 would be mean...). And its a flier obviously for when 6th edition
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

anyway my thoughts about the new marine bird? *not female space marines for us in scotland* frankly it looks horrible, but i think its because it dosnt look like it could stay in the air for 2 secs.... what it needs is some big jets like so:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaika87 View Post
    Stormpidgeon - spawns more Stormpidgeons when your opponent looks away from it.
    genius

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    The ultimate GW selling device - the StormCuckoo. After deployment you randomly choose a vehicle from your opponents army, knock it off the table onto the floor and smash it to pieces before replacing it with your new flyer model.
    dear mods we need a like button, NOW
    Last edited by fuzzbuket; 05-04-2012 at 03:20 AM.
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Now that i've had a moment to let the info sink in:

Twin-linked heavy bolters, can upgrade to twin-linked Lascannon
    Twin-linked assault cannon
    Potential upgrade to add Typhoon missiles
    Skyhammer Missiles S7 AP 4
    It isn't clear to me if those Skyhammer Missiles were one-shot missiles (and how many are there) or a weapon of choice like the rest of the listed weapons. For the sake of this post, i am gonna assume them to be 4x one-shot missiles

Now, with the special rule to hover on the spot for a turn to get BS5, that would mean:
    1x TL Lascannon
    2x Krak Missile (from typhoon ML)
    1-4 Skyhammer Missiles

All hitting on a 2+

Seems like its a deepstriking / alpha strike last resort when you absolutely need to harm that vehicle / MC

That kind of firepower in one salvo will seriously threaten most MCs easily forcing them to take armor saves / invu saves / cover saves, or best case scenario, no saves for it to take at all!

3 shots that needs 2+ to hit, 2+ to wound and ignore armor from most MCs
    Add up to 4x 2+ to hit, 2-3+ to wound AP4 shots and that MC is most likely going down

Default Storm-Storm

I actually like the Storm Talon look. It reminds me of something that would get corrupted by chaos and have a bunch of baby Blight Drones.

Brother-Sergeant

Stormduck - It uses botox around the access points.
    Please visit my 40k Youtube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Da40kOrks

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast