BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Denied View Post
    OMG YOU'RE RIGHT! It's almost like this all could potentially be coming form the same company or something >_> sketchy indeed I also think you were right about the moon landing being a hoax and that aliens really are trying to steal your brain waves.

Like for real dude chill the F@%K OUT! Is it really worth blowing your lid over this? Does nothing else in your life matter? Will your world stop spinning the moment the rumors are true?
    Pot, Kettle, Black.... enough said really.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

The ally rules for Warhammer World's event is up and guess what? TAU AND ULTRAMARINES ARE BFFs!!!!

The fluff of 40k is a-changin'!

Veteran-Sergeant

I have a feeling that these allies rumors all stemmed from this event's rules. This is a single event that is designed to be a doubles tournament. It only makes sense to allow the doubles teams to be made up of different armies to decrease the workload/expense on players who may want to play together but don't have the same army.

I am very hesitant to take this document as any kind of proof that the rumors of allies in 6th edition are true and feel that, more than likely, the rumor originated from this document being seen or mentioned out of context.
    Last edited by Mr. Furious; 05-12-2012 at 09:03 AM.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck777 View Post
    The ally rules for Warhammer World's event is up and guess what? TAU AND ULTRAMARINES ARE BFFs!!!!

The fluff of 40k is a-changin'!
    'Brothers in Arms' on that chart doesn't really mean a whole lot.

Eldar and their dark brethren fall into that category (rightly so) because they will quite often work together, especially over working with other races.

They still hate each other's guts.

The current SM codex mentions that Calgar has a grudging respect for the Tau.
    This isn't a change to the fluff. :P
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

I doubt this reflects a major shift in the fluff at all. It seems more like a way for Tau players to have an easier time playing in the doubles tournament than anything.

If it is in the fluff that for some reason Tau are best brodudes with the Ultramarines . . . Well, my Minotaurs Chapter will enjoy inflicting the Emperor's Justice on those heretical, traitorous, Xeno collaborator scum, blue-armored Prima donnas! And their Xeno puppet masters!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112