BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Default More 6th Ed stuff from BoK

So Blood of Kittens have posted more 6th Ed rumours, but their site broke again so I'll post it here:

"OMG finally finally my poor little site is fixed thanks for the patience everyone! So anyway it looks like I started some rumor spilling last week as everyone in the rumor mill decided to jump in the game. I hope what I am about to post is not already outdated, but with life and the server repair I haven’t have time to keep up.

Ok, let us get ready for some fun guys 6th is about two months away so let us set up some ground rules first off.

That leaked 6th edition pdf was and is still a complete fabrication.

40k 6th edition is going to be much closer to Fantasy 8th and 40k 2nd edition than anything else.

GW still has rumor lock down in place, so these leaks are for the most part things that have been seen before from previous editions of Games Workshop games. This is to protect sources from the long arm of GW.

Ok, with that said lets get to it.

Let us start with 6th edition fluff progression.

The Imperium is fracturing and the Space Marines are starting to separate themselves from the Lords of Terra. The heretical and xenophobia has gotten to a tipping point causing many chapters to take actions against the “best wishes” of many in the Imperium.

A discovery of galactic importance has happened.

At a time before right before the Horus Heresy the Emperor had intrusted Roboute Guilliman in the protection of one Xenos race that was completely immune the temptations of Chaos and would prove the ultimate key to the destruction of Chaos. The Horus Heresy ended such plans. Fast forward today with discovery of these lost correspondences, it is believed by the Ultramarines and others that the Tau are that lost race. So now instead of being charge with their destruction the Astartes are the Tau protectors.

Rules changes

* Every unit gets a 6+ save vs. all Psychic Powers.
    * Random Charge Lengths are in
    * Pre-measuring is in.
    * Random Battle field effects are in.
    * All armies can purchase buildings for placement on the battlefield.
    * Psychic powers are selected during deployment. (except Grey Knights)
    * Deployment and Missions types have doubled.

Get ready for the Big one..
    ALLIES ARE BACK IN

That is right allies are back in and this will be according to fluff and will have certain restrictions. So for instance Tyranids will not have any allies. Tau with all Space Marine Chapters. Necrons with Blood Angels. Imperial Guard with Space Marines. Chaos Space Marines with Demons. If it fits the fluff it will be done.

This is just to get you guys started.

Expect more to come out as we get closer to the impeding release of Warhammer 40k 6th edition.

Oh again forgot to mention in the CSM rumor post to add that Oblit options will be even more expansive with close combat load out available."

Make of it what you will.....

Chapter-Master

OK - Point by Point

Quote Originally Posted by ozybonza View Post

That leaked 6th edition pdf was and is still a complete fabrication.
    Shame. But haen't the rumours said a lot of things from it seem to be in 6th. And haven't GW already said that it was real, in house but was the designers running free, but was never going to be used

40k 6th edition is going to be much closer to Fantasy 8th and 40k 2nd edition than anything else.
    Don't know what to make of this, having played neither of these

Let us start with 6th edition fluff progression.

The Imperium is fracturing and the Space Marines are starting to separate themselves from the Lords of Terra. The heretical and xenophobia has gotten to a tipping point causing many chapters to take actions against the “best wishes” of many in the Imperium.

A discovery of galactic importance has happened.

At a time before right before the Horus Heresy the Emperor had intrusted Roboute Guilliman in the protection of one Xenos race that was completely immune the temptations of Chaos and would prove the ultimate key to the destruction of Chaos. The Horus Heresy ended such plans. Fast forward today with discovery of these lost correspondences, it is believed by the Ultramarines and others that the Tau are that lost race. So now instead of being charge with their destruction the Astartes are the Tau protectors.
    Wait what? Tau players will hate this cos they need "protecting". Marine players won't like it. And it goes completly against everything. If Tau are now the most important race in the Universe why aren't we getting the first codex?

And fluff wise why has it taken 10,000 years for the emperors idea to come through? And wasn't chaos supposed to be the focus of this? I call bullsh*t!

Rules changes

* Every unit gets a 6+ save vs. all Psychic Powers. - Rubbish.
    * Random Charge Lengths are in - Crap
    * Pre-measuring is in. - Can live with this
    * Random Battle field effects are in. - OK maybe I can live with this. Depends on to which extents
    * All armies can purchase buildings for placement on the battlefield. - Crap. lots of people I know don't like buildings in 40K anyway *
    Psychic powers are selected during deployment. (except Grey Knights) - So MAtt Wards boys get the best of it AGAIN. If they're free maybe, but if its the random sounds bad
    * Deployment and Missions types have doubled. - Good. First thing so far
    A lot of this seems to be taking the tactics out and replacing it with randomness. And thats not good in my eyes. And a lot of these changes...like random assault moves are going to make assault units less good. And that means every pre-6th codex is going to need re-pointing

Get ready for the Big one..
    ALLIES ARE BACK IN

That is right allies are back in and this will be according to fluff and will have certain restrictions. So for instance Tyranids will not have any allies. Tau with all Space Marine Chapters. Necrons with Blood Angels. Imperial Guard with Space Marines. Chaos Space Marines with Demons. If it fits the fluff it will be done.
    More crap. Screw the Nids more. This stupid Tau thing again. And it was believable until you said "Necrons and Blood Angels".

WHO LET MATT WARD WRITE THE SODDING RULE BOOK

Oh again forgot to mention in the CSM rumor post to add that Oblit options will be even mor expansive with close combat load out available."
    OK, seems fair.

Overall - If this is true a lot of it is sh**. If not, its just ful of sh**. Either way.....sh**
    Last edited by DrLove42; 05-05-2012 at 03:43 AM.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Space Marines and Tau, my first and newest armies, being buddy buddy and playable together?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by ozybonza View Post
    Tau with all Space Marine Chapters. Necrons with Blood Angels. .
    NO,

i love tau marine conversions and IG-> tau conversions but really......... this will lead to 12 yr olds with guillarman, some battlesuits and some tacs and a hammerhead, no

necrons with blood angels............

anyone up for a kill (bill) matt ward? :L (i kid i kid but really)

i do like the idea of buildings, well not buildings as such but 'drop bunkers' aka thingS grown/deployed from space ships!
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Default Wrong

I really hope that is wrong... I'm all for storyline progression in 40k but marines allied with and protecting the tau? Terrible

Chapter-Master

I'm not buying another model now until after the rulebook emerges.

And then we'll have to decide if we're playing 6th or continuning to play 5th

I don't like aliies. It alows you to supplement the weakness of one codex with another, and that largely defeats a lot of the point in the game. PLus it benefits some armies more than others (codex marines get 7 allies (BA, DA, GK, BT, SW, Guard and Tau apparantly) wheras Nids get none. Hell if BA can side with Necrons (Sure put the worst piece of fluff in existance into the rules why not!), they get 8 potential allies!
    Last edited by DrLove42; 05-05-2012 at 05:05 AM.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

More like 2nd? So it is going to be a RPG/skirmish hybrid completely usuited to large scale games and vehicles. Yes that makes perfect sense, GW don't want to sell lots of models and vehicles afterall, it happened by accident.

Everything about these rumours scream utter nonsense, either the source is lying, delusional, has been lied to or GW has gone completely insane and have decided they no longer want their flagship game system to do well.

The no allies thing for Tyranids is also nonsensical in the context of 8th edition changes. 8th edition gives levels of trust between allies, and no army has no allies even those that simply would not ally like Warriors/Daemons of Chaos. GW just doesn't go in for 'every army can do this EXCEPT YOU', for obvious reasons. It simply isn't fair. It is the same reason the Storm of Magic rules allow high elves to summon daemon allies, because it simply wouldn't be fair to exclude them even though it makes little sense fluff-wise.

The thing with Necrons and Blood Angels is also moronic, and based on the over simplistic reading of the fluff that says theBA and Necrons somehow get along as opposed to being unwilling to sacrifice their broader plans to enter a conflict neither side is guaranteed to win. They weren't stupid, in other words. Which is a radical departure from previous Necron fluff so I can forgive that. But the idea that GW would enshrine this misunderstanding of th background is simply non-credible.

On the brightside, now less worried about 6th as I think Tastywhatsit has been trolling us or has gone insane.
    Last edited by eldargal; 05-05-2012 at 05:52 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Has to be a troll.

Please let it be a troll.

I find it hilarious to think that in a game already dominated by shooting armies, assault armies are going to get even worse, thanks to random charge lengths.

No, this has got to be a troll. GW can't possibly be that stupid, can they?

Brother-Sergeant

This is some excellent trolling. It's so ridiculous it's impossible to believe, yet the simple thought of any of this nonsense being true is enough to give one nightmares for the next few months.

But seriously? Ultramarines protecting the Tau? Necrons and Blood Angels officially BFF? And Emperor help us, random charges and terrain effects? If this turns out to be true, I will drop 40k.

Chapter-Master

These "rumors" are a complete sham and not worth the electrons they were used to transport to my phones screen.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast