BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Battle-Brother

Default SW Rune priest Question

So with the FAQ for SW changing the writing for the spell "Storm Caller", to "he and all friendly
    units within 6" benefit from a 5+ cover save" would this include vehicles as well? Also, will this be how it is ruled at WarGamesCon?

Vehicles are units.
    http://www.3plusplus.net/ : better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by AbusePuppy View Post
    Vehicles are units.
    B4 Tynskel gets the chance again,

[url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=21435[/url]

Chapter-Master

bwahahah!

Battle-Brother

lol thanks... I kinda figured that was it but just wanted to double check.

Battle-Brother

I have another question. For Murderous Hurricane, If you target a unit that is further than 18" does it still count as being in difficult and dangerous terrain? Because you declare a target, then measure distance, if they are out of it, it is considered a miss but in the FAQ it says that the unit is affected even if it fails to hit or wound.

Chapter-Master

ah, that's a really good question.

Ultimately, it looks like this one will have to come down to the 'roll the die' rule.
    You could interpret it multiple ways: some might say that yes, the unit is still effected. Others might say that breaks the spirit of the rules.

I don't really care, the way I see it, the Psyker is calling storms from the sky, but has limited accuracy/range. So, the weather gets realllllly bad in that general direction...
    Last edited by Tynskel; 05-06-2012 at 08:25 PM.

I am 100% no. You aren't failing to hit in the sense of the question if you actually cannot hit because you are too far away. 40K just has a very limited lexicon used to describe things like shooting a Plasma Pistol at an enemy 60" away. It is a "miss," but it is a "you're only rolling to see if you cook your own face" miss - since you can't ever hit.
    Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Nathanael Greene

Battle-Brother

Sounds fair enough for me, I just wanted a clarification on it because I've seen both ways. Thanks!