BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Legs were chopped above second joint and reassembled. Had to use a fair amount of green stuff as the kit doesn't admit easy reposing of the legs (couldn't quite get it to fully kneel down with the size of the feet). The ironclad's banner also helps cover the waist area.

Gun is the tesla destructor extended with extra barge parts. Not thrilled with the pistol but couldn't find a good spot for the secondary weapon.

Trimming and green stuff allows the shooting pose but again the joints don't easily go into that position.

Necron engine balls and incinerator tanks on the shoulders make the prototype custom void shield projector (AKA quantum shielding)

The head is leftover from the tomb stalker merged in with green stuff.

The wraith kit provides lots of spare eye lenses and other experimental gubbinz to cover up any rough green stuff work.

This isn't quite finished but is 90% there.

Chapter-Master

I like it!

Some WIP on my infantry - Immortals(Skitarii)

and Warriors (servitors)

Brother-Captain

You really don't spare any expense with your conversions, do you?

Nice work, as always. Even if I don't always like the way your stuff turns out, that in no way diminishes the skill and effort that you put into everything.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Chapter-Master

Say, how do the Warriors turn? The way they look, they could only go backwards and forwards and pivot on their track.

Looks great!
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

I had promised myself I wouldn't convert anything else until I had finished painting my lord and scarabs but couldn't resist a quick kit-bash of the new stalker. I don't want that unit particularly so I've gone for a night scythe using some storm raven engines I got off ebay:

Plastic wraith for the driver

Codename "Mosquito"

Portal

Chaplain

Nice work. BA83

Hot damn dat annihilation mech, the head looks amazing on it. Major props on the mosquito too, a lot of the new bits which looked weird on Necron models look kickass on these Mechanicus ones.

One note on the Destroyer Lord - overall awesome, but the point where the Stalker and Techmarine cables meet looks pretty choppy, maybe add an armourplate or tabbard to cover it?

Chapter-Master

awesome!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast