BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: XV22 Commander

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    Prove it. Find the passage and I will apologize. In the mean time, which I'm sure will be short as you are clearly a font of knowledge on the topic, your opponent has to agree to play you. Although they may smell like it, game stores are not dungeons and no one has to play with you.

And I quote: "this unit is intended to be used in standard games of warhammer 40000, within the usual limitations of codex selection and force organisation charts. As with all our models these should be considered 'Official'...

so sod of you ponsy. Further more any game and unit in the game is opponents permission, anyone is free to offer to play you only if you don't use X unit.

Default XV22 Commander Rules Links

I've found the rules at a number of different sites. Here are a couple. Upon reading it, I'm getting that these are 'play testing' rules?? Meh. Whatever. It still would be a fun unit to field.

[url]http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=80817[/url]

[url]http://forums.tauonline.org/house-rules/83885-xv22-commander-printable-playtesting-ensues.html[/url]

Chapter-Master

The original question was "Are these units legal"

If those are the rules then the answer is a big no, unless your opponent can say so

Its (looks) ntirely fan based, non certified fandex. Which is never really allowed. Things like the "Stalker Doctrine" really should have made that obvious.

So again its not playtesting - Just some fandex unit
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Banned

FIRST: EVERY game is opponent's permission. Get that straight in your heads. You cannot force a person to play with you, EVER. So please keep that in mind. That goes for Citadel as well as Forgeworld models. One can choose not to play with someone for fielding a Storm Raven as a Storm Eagle.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    And I quote: "this unit is intended to be used in standard games of warhammer 40000, within the usual limitations of codex selection and force organisation charts. As with all our models these should be considered 'Official'...
    Quote what? You didn't reference what you were quoting.

The question still stands on which Forgeworld book/pdf has the rules for the 'basic' XV-22 (a basic prototype, what?). If you cannot answer this, please leave off on the name calling and improper quotations, please.

Chapter-Master

There is no XV-22. The ONLY rules that exist for it are in Shadowsuns entry in the codex. The original poster is reading a fandex

As for the FW quote....the front page of IA11 - The Doom of Mymera has the following on it; Imperial Armour Apocolypse Version 2 also says the same thing

Last edited by DrLove42; 05-07-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Brother-Captain

Now that it's been proven that permission is required I kind of want my status changed to "Sod of Ponsy."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    There is no XV-22. The ONLY rules that exist for it are in Shadowsuns entry in the codex. The original poster is reading a fandex

As for the FW quote....the front page of IA11 - The Doom of Mymera has the following on it; Imperial Armour Apocolypse Version 2 also says the same thing

That's a good quote.

But unfortunately, has nothing to do with the actual topic of this discussion since it is not referencing the unit entry that states that the XV-22 Commander unit is a Warhammer 40K unit. So daboarder is massively misquoting and misrepresenting.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    That's a good quote.

But unfortunately, has nothing to do with the actual topic of this discussion since it is not referencing the unit entry that states that the XV-22 Commander unit is a Warhammer 40K unit. So daboarder is massively misquoting and misrepresenting.
    Actually its very relevant as the topic has moved onto whether you need permission to use FW rules in games. Hes not just misquoting. He quoted the first part correctly. What he missed was the part that disproved him

And about the Xv-22 Jesus ...I've posted it three times now

I'll make this nice and clear

THERE IS NO XV-22 SUIT RULES. THE ONLY RULES FOR IT ARE THOSE OF COMMANDER SHADOWSUN IN THE DEX. SHE IS THE ONLY MODEL WHO CAN USE IT. NO ONE CAN PRODUCE REAL RULES FOR IT, ONLY THOSE FROM A FANDEX. ERGO IT IS NOT REAL. THERE IS NO REFERENCE TO IT IN ANY FW OR GW BOOK

Brother-Captain

It's gonna be okay Doc. It's gonna be okay.

Banned

Actually its very relevant as the topic has moved onto whether you need permission to use FW rules in games. Hes not just misquoting. He quoted the first part correctly. What he missed was the part that disproved him
    Sorry, I was putting the wrong person down, it was Tynskel who attributed the base XV-22 as being a Forgeworld model and rules. Since there is none, that line of thought is a thread derrailment, and not a full part of the discussion. I wasn't questioning the rule itself, just its attribution to a unit not known to be Forgeworld's.

And about the Xv-22 Jesus ...I've posted it three times now

I'll make this nice and clear

THERE IS NO XV-22 SUIT RULES. THE ONLY RULES FOR IT ARE THOSE OF COMMANDER SHADOWSUN IN THE DEX. SHE IS THE ONLY MODEL WHO CAN USE IT. NO ONE CAN PRODUCE REAL RULES FOR IT, ONLY THOSE FROM A FANDEX. ERGO IT IS NOT REAL. THERE IS NO REFERENCE TO IT IN ANY FW OR GW BOOK
    I wasn't necessarily asking YOU to prove it, only those who ascribed it as a Forgeworld unit to prove it. And that's all I was ever asking.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast