BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default are there new c'tan models comming?

curious if anyone has heard anything about any new c'tan models that may be coming out

Not that I've heard but I really hope that they do come out.
    They're all a bit too varied to be just one kit though.

Judging by the back cover of the White Dwarf there's something involving Necrons and White Scars. (probably just a battle report)
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Inhighly doubt there is going to be any new models. But the fluff states you can use any models to work as a ctan as they can alter their forms.

What I really hope is that the imperial armor 12, brings real ctan (the scale of titans rather than just this shard BS) and with the stats and powers of gods...

I'm not basing it on anything just hoping forgeworld pulls through with my dream.

Quote Originally Posted by cancer View Post
    What I really hope is that the imperial armor 12, brings real ctan (the scale of titans rather than just this shard BS) and with the stats and powers of gods...

That's even more unlikely, the C'tan have been shattered into these shards. As far as I'm aware there are no C'tan that are even close to taking the form of the old Star Gods.
    If the real C'tan were written into the game they would be about as bent as if the Emperor and the Primarchs were included. Oh, and Khorne, Tzeentch, Nurgle, and Slaanesh...

I actually prefer the shards to what they used to be, it makes a LOT more sense this way, and I don't normally agree with Our Spiritual Liege.

Quote Originally Posted by cancer View Post
    Inhighly doubt there is going to be any new models. But the fluff states you can use any models to work as a ctan as they can alter their forms.

I'm not basing it on anything just hoping forgeworld pulls through with my dream.
    yeh how could a GOD ever be viable in gameplay.

rules it cant be killed
    it can 1hit entire armys

its a god afterall?

but to OP, that sucks i wanted new models pretty badly

Well, would be great to see one as gargantuan creature for apoc games, then it wouldn't be that bad if it could kill 50 models in one turn )

Or super heavy vehicle / walker.. depends how they would be pictured (like if they were encased in some superior living metal monster).

The new fluff and direction of Necrons really has shown a divergence from C'tan. The rules, fluff and points cost for them shows that Ward wanted to move away from them and touch on the Necrons themselves more. I mean, wouldnt it have been great to read a bit of fluff where the the N were facing an unbeatable situation and unleashed a shard the saved the day? Almost like some of the BA DC fluff.

There was a WD issue (not sure which one) that referenced approx 8 different Ctan builds and names. Possible that they will build finecast models of simiilar size for these kinds of shards.

Early rumors for FW ctan showed that the stargods would be represented in full power with large models. And i agree with the above posts about the unbalance of including a god in the metagame.

BUTTT i do think it would be cool to have a large shard that shows what happens when several similar shards combine to form a greater conscience of the original being. ALmost like a bio titan for the Necrons.

My two cents.
    For the Empire-----CHARGE!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FTE-Charge!!! View Post
    BUTTT i do think it would be cool to have a large shard that shows what happens when several similar shards combine to form a greater conscience of the original being. ALmost like a bio titan for the Necrons.
    I agree, that could be amusing.

My idea for a Necron Titan is effectively a piloted version of a Reaper Destroyer from Mass Effect 3, a big Spider Robot with a HUGE gun. Piloted by about 3 Triarch Praetorians and 1 Cryptek.
    As for the gun, well.... Think of a more powerful version of the gun on the Doom Scythe.
    It also has 3 Particle Whips and various other gubbins.
    AV 14 everywhere.

When I get round to building it I'll upload pictures.

As for the OP, I would like a shard of The Endless Swarm.

I don't think a full ctan would be that unreasonable for apocalypse. They would be about as resilient as a Titan since they are bound in the necrodermis (which also restrains there full power) and could be pointed valued as such (if not higher)... But yeah they'd only ever go into apoc Hence being in imperial armor 12...

In the new codex there is a few specific lines that state there is reports of unshattered ctan still existing, but the reports are untrustworthy.

Which would be reasonable to assume since there where thousands of them that only 4 (or so) remains... I.e deciever, nightbringer, voidragon and the outsider still exist.

Like a previous poster mentioned ward wanted to focus on necrons for the codex not the ctan, he didn't specifically kill all of them, just most. And with books like "nightbringer" it is very plausible to assume giant Titan sized ctan are still out there
    Last edited by cancer; 05-09-2012 at 07:42 AM.

I think it's a case of the Avatar of Khaine, where the GW produced model is simply not fitting of it's stature, then Forge World come in and make a model that's like 2˝ times the size of GW's model and looks great.
    Maybe they'll do a Super Shard or something, but there's a difference between fielding an Emperor Titan and an Immortal God.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast