BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Default More Finecast Space Marines coming...

As mentioned in this months White Dwarf there will be a bunch of metal Space Marine figures making the move over to Finecast this month. More news was posted on GW's What's New blog today:

In this month's White Dwarf we mentioned that later in May some Space Marine miniatures will be released in Citadel Finecast. Well 'some' is a bit of an understatement because we're actually releasing 40 kits, from the Legion of the Damned box set and the Thunderfire Cannon, to individual miniatures such as Chaplains, Librarians and Apothecaries. There will also be a few resin upgrade packs available to order, including several Shoulder Pads sets. Make sure you pop into your local Hobby Centre this weekend or check the website on Saturday to see what we've put on advance order.
    I'm curious to see which conversion packs and shoulder pad sets we're going to get in this wave.
    Last edited by Brakkart; 05-09-2012 at 11:11 AM.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Brother-Captain

The shoulder pads are probably the normal ones that have been available. BA, DA and UM. I can't think of any conversion packs that havn't been switched over to plastic yet (Command bits, Devastator parts, etc).

Chapter-Master

yes! Finally finecast thunderfire cannons. Homemade LR Achilles here I come!

Brother-Captain

Just been nosing around on GW's site and noticed that the Crimson Fist Conversion packs have all gone. There were 3 of them (Assault, Tactical and Command squad packs) before and they were there just a few days ago. I haven't noticed any others from their range of metal shoulder pads that are missing.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Veteran-Sergeant

There was an article posted on BoLS on April 24 with a list of what was being converted. Not only are the Crimson Fists upgrades happening, but the Iron Hand box is getting the Finecast treatment, as are the bike squad and White Scar upgrade kits. It is an exciting time to be a Space Marine player, and lots of conversion opportunities heading our way!

Brother-Captain

Yeah, between all the bitz upgrade packs getting a Finecast treatment and those limited-run transfers they did recently (I grabbed 2 of the Aurora Chapter sheets myself), it's just maddening.

I mean, I have a huge vanilla SM army (which needs some more armour added to it, but that's it, really), a huge SW army (just needs a couple more tanks to round out a full great company), a sizeable BA army and a huge stockpile of pieces for Thousand Sons/Tzeentch-aligned marines when they get a new book...

And I still want to create an Imperial Fists (the shoulder pad packs in resin! plus a bright yellow scheme...mm, would get to use that new glaze) and Aurora Chapter (the bright green looks awesome, and the transfers are really nice) armies.
    What's wrong with me?
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

I've been waiting for Scout Sergent Telion to be available again and this is probably when he's coming back.
    Nice to hear about the White Scar bike upgrades coming back too.
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Librarian

What's more exciting to me about this, rather than all the new Space Marine finecast.. (though I am excited to get my hands on some Iron Hands upgrade packs)...

is how much is left in metal? Obviously all of Sisters of Battle.. but other than that, all we have are a scant handful of metal models across the Tau, Eldar, Chaos, and Ork lines...

Brother-Captain

Strangely, Dark Eldar still have some metal, too. The beastmaster unit/models is/are still in pewter.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    yes! Finally finecast thunderfire cannons. Homemade LR Achilles here I come!

That sounds significantly more expensive than just ordering one.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast