BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Worst experience with a special character

Shadowsun...effing worthless. Ok, she gives 10Ld to anyone within 18", has reasonable stats and a 4+ invul, but because she's T3, just about anything out there at S6+ can instant kill her and her drones. This time, she literally was dead by the end of turn 1...

What's your favorite special character fail moment?

My worst special character experience was with Imotekh the Stormlord. But first, a disclaimer. Imotekh is extremely powerful and his abilities are actually reasonably reliable with a Chronotek attached. He has single-handedly won me many games.

This epic failure started out when I failed his seize on a 4+ roll. Then, my opponent chose to reserve his entire army, negating the first turn of automatic night fight. On my second turn, I failed the roll to continue the storm, and also failed the Chronometron reroll. His seize initiative ability, night fighting, and lightning strikes did nothing at all.

This incident did teach me something though. And that is, to ALWAYS take solar pulses as backup.

This is an old one - in 2nd edition, Kharn the betrayer was an absolute monster, almost nothing could face him in cc, he had a 2+ armour save and 6 wounds (remember this was before ID existed, but many weapons caused multiple wounds). The first game I played with him, he was carefully hidden (so i thought) in a ruin, but come my opponent's first shooting phase he drew line of sight to him with a single autocannon, hit him once (despite being in hard cover), wounded, failed my save and my opponent's single d6 roll caused 6 wounds and killed him.

Over many other games he killed chapter masters, phoenix lords and hive tyrants aplenty, but I still always think of that one bullet taking him down a peg or 2 on his first ever outing!

Default Commander Farflight

Commander Farsight with 7 bodyguards, held in reserve for the uber blob Tau XV tornado of death: turn two, positional relay, he comes in via deepstrike, marker beacon's out of los, the team mishaps, and the whole unit is destroyed. Entire tactic and combat ability in the trash. I have never raged so hard as seeing the entire means to my strategy going out the window and to the landfill. All tactics from that moment on, moot. Conceded. There was nothing I could do.

This isn't a special character per se, but it might as well be...

Today, Tau Shas'El XV8 commander with CIB, missile pod, HW MT, iridium armor, stimulant injector, positional relay with two body guards with meltas a missile pods (pretty scary and expensive unit), they lose a drone-turn one, failed morale, 12" in, and ran screaming off of the board...

Head desk x3 meta...

Typhus

Typhus is my favorite SC of all time. I love his lore and his rules (albeit he NEEDS Eternal Warrior) he has won me many games (non-tournies as i don't go to tournies with SC) however turn 1 Drop pod comes in front of my fun 20 PM and typhus blob unit. I wipe it down to 2 guys. Turn 2 my opponent says "no fu^ks given! Charge!) his 2 guys survived typhus and my 20 guys in CC and managed to Instan kill him with the PF sergeant......Sad day.....

Battle-Brother

Vulkan Hestan moves alone and is hit with a heavy bolter and died .

Ghazgull Thraka dies in close combat with a tau commander (not O Shova)
    he didnt hit it and he failed every save

Ahazra Redth failed 2 perils of the Warp tests and was sucked in the warp in round two

Ahazra Redth got hit on a deathworld by a lightning

guardsman marbo turns up hides for a bit, then charges 2 bog-standard fire warriors on an objective...

Easy win right? nope

Dies without landing a hit

I think he missed them with his demo charge before hand as well

Librarian

Vect charges a small blob of Guardsmen on his lonesome while the Wyches he was attached to try to Haywire a trio of Hellhounds that have been hammering me all game. They didn't move last turn, so this is going to be great and prevent him from killing me next turn.

Vect kills only one or two Guardsmen, and the remaining normals fail to even hit him. Leaving only the Seargent.

With a powerfist.

With Vect's steaming corpse lying at his feet, I reach over to my brand new, yet-unpainted Incubi and pop a mask off, handing it to my opponent with the insistence that it make its way onto the model. I finish with a hearty good game and a silent, hidden rage bubbling in my heart.

Chapter-Master

Ah shadowfields....2+ but always guareneed to fail when it matters

I took Sliscus to a comp once. 6 games

Game 1) Did nothing all game, turn 6 charged a Ork Warboss. Failed to hit and wound with any of his attacks, got hit once in return, ID cos he failed his first 2+

Game 2) Charged by a group of Trueborn and another Sliscus. They hit each other....i failed to hit with anything, then failed my 1st 2+ save. Bugger

Game 3) Unit (20 strong) hit by a few missiles. Turns and runs off board in turn 1

Game 4) Gets into combat with Nob squad. Fails his 2nd 2+ save out of 6....without wounding anything

Game 5) Grey Knights. Hid at the back and did nothing. But I did roll a double 1 for combat drugs! Really useful in an army with no Wyches and only Jetbikes

Game 6) He actually never got wounded and immobilised a dreadnought with his pistol.

Hes still worth taking for the combat drugs and 3+ to wound....but my god did he suck
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Marbo deepstrikes behind a necron lord and lobs the satchel charge. Misses. Lord Charges. Kills Marbo. Head...Table...

Awesome battery of 2 manticores all set up to kill e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. Turn 1. Bugs rush in and assault. Entropic strikes wreck the giant metal beast. All missiles gone.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast