BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Another Noob Question

This one pertains to bikers (though more specifically to Shining Spears - I know, boo!)...

From the BRB, all bikers are relentless. Eldar jet bikes are simply a subtype under the bike type. I guess reading the rule it clearly states that all Relentless does is let you move and shoot Heavy weapons and assault or lets you rapid fire and still assault in that same turn.

So I guess this is more a question about relentless rather than bikes. Do you have to choose which weapon you shoot? My gut says "yes, you need to choose which weapon to shoot." I guess I can't think of anything outside of tanks that possess multiple weapons but in this case the Shining Spears have the Laser Lances or the TL Shuriken Catapults.

So can they shoot both or do they need to choose?

Brother-Sergeant

A bike can fire one weapon per rider, per pg 53 of the BRB:

Each bike in a unit may fire with one weapon for each rider on the bike. Thus a Space Marine Attack Bike with a driver and passenger in sidecar can fire two weapons.
    And you are correct, jetbikes are simply a subset of bikes. Eldar jetbikes, as they only have one rider each, may only fire one weapon each.

Chaplain

They have to choose which weapon to fire (and you'd choose it based off the range, really. The lance, whilst good at taking down heavy armoured troops, is short ranged - so you might use it if you wanted to soften up a target unit before you charge it.
    If you are out of charge range (6" is easy enough to gauge) , you could use the shuricats and the assault move in the assault phase to put a little more room between you and them.

The relentless helps the autarch with a reaper launcher, though (if attached to spears). Fire the reaper launcher then charge with a S6 power weapon? Yes please.