BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Wolf Guard Question

In the codex SW it mentions that the WG can be up to ten models, all of them can have different equipment, wargear, armor, etc. Also that they can be attached to certain squads.
    My question is:
    If I have a ten man squad of WG and decided to leave 5 in regular armor ( so I can attach them to other squads ) and 5 in Termie armor ( to be by themselves ) can the Termie Group have 2 special weapons? EX. Assault Cannons, Heavy Flamers, Cyclone Missile Launchers....( you get the idea )
    I've been pondering on this, because technically the squad is payed and assembled as one squad before I decide to split some of them, so that kinds of cover the rule of having ten models.
    But is it legal?

Please let me know what you think guys.

Brother G
    *Remember Rynns*
    "The Emperor Protects"

Librarian

i don't see why that wouldn't be allowed. Anything to prohibit that would probably be in the SW codex, most likely the wolfguard entry. But I could be missing something somewhere. That does seem awfully cheesy, though legal.

Occuli Imperator

you can attach terminator armoured models to power armoured squads

Veteran-Sergeant

You can outfit them however you want but you can only have 1 assault cannon or cyclone launcher per unit of five.

Yeah, the squad you described is legal. I think that's part of why the termie options are more expensive for wolfguard than for other termie units.

Librarian

Yes it is legal, and yes it will get expensive fast.

Veteran-Sergeant

As mentioned above, you can attach a WG in Terminator armor to a unit in power armor. That's how you can add a Cyclone Launcher Terminator to a unit of Long Fangs and give the number of available missles a nice bump.

Be mindful of the transport options available, though, so you don't wind up making a unit walk that you'd really rather have in a Rhino or Razorback.

Brother-Sergeant

Thanks guys, I just had that doubt, if you guys don't mind me asking; have you guys played 30k? and if yes what rules are you guys using in your gaming club.

Brother G
    *Remember Rynns*
    "The Emperor Protects"

Brother-Captain

You get 1 heavy weapon for every 5 Wolf Guard, regardless of armor type or if they get attached to other units.

So you could potentially take 8 power armored guys and 2 terminators with heavy weapons, pawn off 5 to other units and get left with a 5-man unit carting 2 heavy weapons.

Wolf Guard shenanigans are the bread and butter of Loganwing, and it's crazy awesome.