BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Librarian

"where's my resurrection orb you say?"

"it's over there!"

"I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    They all had really short lifespans and didn't have a method of resurrection. I do seem to recall, however, that he only thinks he's back in the Civil Wars because he was damaged in the great sleep, so presumably he had it in the war against the Old Ones when he knew they were in metal bodies, then forgot but still kept hold of it anyway.
    Neither of the Wars of Secession had them as robots, they were in flesh both times.

The First was ended when they began the war against the races of the Old Ones.
    The Second was ended when the C'tan showed up and offered them immortality.

[URL="http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Wars_of_Secession"]Wars of Secession[/URL]
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Darkstar View Post
    "where's my resurrection orb you say?"

"it's over there!"

are you implying that, in his dementia, he sees Obyron as a pet dog and not as a bodyguard?
    i can now envisage a haunting scenelette-

------------------------------
    Zandrekh and Obyron are stood on the crest of a hill amidst the smoke and flames of battle. Zahndrekh turns to Obyron and in a deep metallic monotonous voice, all you hear is-
    "who's a good boy, who wants the ball?", he proceeds to lob the resurrection orb an impressive distance, "go fetch Oby! Fetch!"

(I imitated stephen hawking saying that for effect)

----------------------------

ALShrive
    ALShrive; found somewhere between fact and breakfast.
    Horseman of the Derailment

I can just imagine Obyron standing there with his warscythe.
    "I am not amused" before teleporting and bringing it back.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    Neither of the Wars of Secession had them as robots, they were in flesh both times.

The First was ended when they began the war against the races of the Old Ones.
    The Second was ended when the C'tan showed up and offered them immortality.

[URL="http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Wars_of_Secession"]Wars of Secession[/URL]
    That's not what I said. What I said was that the Great Sleep was after they had been turned into machines. This means that during the war against the Old Ones after they had been made machine, he would have known exactly what he was and thus would have had the resurrection orb. It was the Great Sleep after this which damaged him and caused him to believe that he was back in the Wars of Secession, and thus still flesh.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123