BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Your final comments to 5th Edition

Since 2008 we have danced the dance with 5th edition, but pretty soon we will be dancing the fandago with 6th. How will you personally remember 5th and what defines it for you?

What do you say to 5th Ed as you kick it out the door?

"We've changed..."
    "It's not you its me, I just dont like rhinos and melta any more..."
    "I feel smothered by your overly generous cover saves"
    Gamer • Painter • Designer • Englishman
    http://levitas-master-artificer.blogspot.com

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Oh, and cover saves -> Get away from her you bit*h!

Chapter-Master

My best memory of 5th edition?

Cookie cutter lists.

I hate them.

Brother-Sergeant

My comment to 5th before it's swept under the rug, is:

"Thank you! For motivating me to finally try some of those other amazing game systems out there!"

As for 6th? 6th what? All 6th will bring is *yet another* jumbled mess. GW's habit is not to improve the rules of the previous edition(s), but rather just fix a few things and mess up a few more.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by GrogDaTyrant View Post
    My comment to 5th before it's swept under the rug, is:

"Thank you! For motivating me to finally try some of those other amazing game systems out there!"

As for 6th? 6th what? All 6th will bring is *yet another* jumbled mess. GW's habit is not to improve the rules of the previous edition(s), but rather just fix a few things and mess up a few more.
    I'm curious - despite obviously making you cooler than the rest of us, what did 5th edition do to you that made you leave 40k?

To 5th edition:

F*&% Off.

And take my Tyranids that you broke with you.

Wait.. are we talking about 5th edition or Robin?
    Founding Member Of The "I Hate Cruddace" Fan Club.

Dear 5th Edition,

When I first saw you on that warm summer's morn, I fell in love. You were everything I wanted in an edition and more. However, as time marched on, I grew weary of you. Where there was once joy, there is now only apathy. We had a great time together and shared many great memories. Yet now in the winter of your life, I feel drawn to other games and, unfortunately, your sister - 6th Edition. I hope it's not weird that I'm going to start dating your sister. She's wonderful and beautiful. She embodies the hope and optimism I used to share with you. Like so many other break up letters, I have to say it's not you, it's me. I grew up and am now looking for a more meaningful relationship. I hope you can, in the years to come, understand why I am doing this. It is for the best.

Regards,

Chuck777
    Last edited by Chuck777; 05-16-2012 at 04:32 PM.

Librarian

I hope this is goodbye, but I'm afraid that I might want you back someday.

Librarian

As we part, I'd slip a small envelope into 5th's pocket:

Dear 5th Edition

As you are reading this, I will be gone. Fighting battles on distant worlds, hiding behind cover properly, moving around the battlefield in a tactical manner, and heroicly standing against all the odds, fighting tooth and nail to the last man.

you were a kind edition, always clean and well presentable, although you never pulled any punches, games were cut tragically short, and if we did argue, you would only let me win with only the most technical of wins, if ever. You lived life on an ever increasingly fast plane. to begin with you were slow and calm, but now you rush around the board, leaping tall buildings with single bounds, and sweeping whole units off the table before I had a chance to play with them.

but it's not you who have torn us apart. it's your new friends. they're turning you into something you're not. they've got you taking all sorts of drugs, spouting strange things and contradicting yourself.

There is something else...

I've found someone new, someone.. different. this may be hard to hear, but 6th edition just shook my world up enough to make life interesting again. although looking through facebook i've noticed that you and 6th share the same friends. I hope that 6th outgrows them, and replaces them with more fun friends, who don't do drugs.

Your Fluff bunny
    Conscription in the Lucky 88th
    http://lucky88th.blogspot.com

Librarian

I like/d 5th. Clean, concise, fun.

Best edition of 40K so far.

I just hope 6th won't make a mess of it all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast